I need help. Outa the clear blue my phone took a crap with the camera. I have pulled the battery and did a few soft reboots buts to no prevail it still does not work. I click camera and it says cannot load camera try to quit some running applications before using your camera. Help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 09:14 PM
    Did you try following what the prompt suggested? Close all running apps, besides the one that run in the background as default, and check your available memoury.

09-24-08 09:20 PM
    Tried reset?
    09-24-08 09:24 PM
    i've seen this several times, sometimes screen is just completely black and freezes phone. need to reload the blackberry software from bb. at least thats the way it gets resolved from at&t not sure if that will resolve verizon...rim says 50% of all issues can be resolved just by reloading the software.
    09-24-08 09:29 PM
    I have over 30mb I'm on verizon. I closed everything I know of

09-24-08 09:37 PM
    try to reload the software i'm sure that will resolve the issue.
    09-24-08 09:41 PM
    How do I do that. I did 2 reboots and a batt pull

09-24-08 09:48 PM
    I had the same problem, I called up T-Mobile, and they told me to wipe the device so I did, and now it works. Just make sure everything is backed up on your pc first.
    09-25-08 01:04 AM
    This is rediculous. It worked fine now the damn camera just stops working? How would one go about wiping the device?

09-25-08 07:00 AM
    Like i said before, make sure you back up your device first on your pc. the way I had to wipe it was to go into options->security->general settings. Then hit the menu button and select wipe handheld. You'll have to type in "blackberry" and then the process will begin. Remember that it will clear everything off of your phone, so if you don't back it up, you WILL lose it.
    09-25-08 04:46 PM
    Thanks. So literally all of my messages/themes/pics etc? That really stinks. I have a mac so I need a mac desktop manager

09-25-08 08:20 PM
    Anything not on your memory card will go, although my 3rd party apps didn't. I don't know if that's normal or not, but that's how it went. I don't know if there is a DM for mac, do some searching.
    09-25-08 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD