Has anyone had an issue with there camera, in the sense that when you turn it on, the screen just stays black and it freezes your bb? You have to re-set it in order for it to function again.
    If so, did yu fix it yourself, or have to bring it into the shop?
    06-16-08 02:32 PM
    It does tht for you everytime?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 02:36 PM
    Yup...everytime.
    It started out normal, and then one day.
    I have to remove the battery just to get my bb to unfreeze.
    it's frustrating!!!!
    06-16-08 03:22 PM
    Mine does exactly the same!
    06-16-08 09:44 PM
    Anyone Help!!
    06-25-08 01:17 PM
    Take it back to the store, and don't waste a MINUTE!!!!! My bb 8330 is one month and 10 days old and the camera won't start. I've popped the battery and even wiped it, which was a PAIN, I might add. Took it in and the store determined it was a hardware problem, but they won't give me a new phone. Want to send me a refurbished model. I wouldn't accept that. I know my phone has never been wet, or dropped, and I'd rather not have a camera than to have a mystery lemon. I just wish there was some way to communicate with Blackberry and let them know because it seems to be a common problem. Maybe bb would fix it? P.S. My carrier is Verizon, and I've been paying them for 3 lines for YEARS! Was an old Cellular One customer who got bought up by Verizonwireless. So much for customer service.
    06-25-08 03:04 PM
    Welcome all to CrackBerry!!

Sorry to hear about your poor experiences with your camera bugging out

Is there any way it is an OS issue (although it sounds like hardware)

Try to :
    1) Backup with DesktopManager
    2) Wipe the handheld completely
    3) Restore from DesktopManager

Let me know how things go!
    06-25-08 03:06 PM
    I did wipe it before taking it in to the store. I backed it up first, then did the restore using Desktop Manager. Then I checked my camera again, but no luck. I restored my third party software packages individually, checking each time but still no luck. I agree, that it sounds like a software issue, and I really tend to wonder if it's not a result of one of the third party software packages I purchased. The last one I bought was the e-mail viewer. But I can't swear that the camera was working immediately prior to that.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-25-08 at 04:00 PM. Reason: typo
    06-25-08 03:59 PM
    Wondering if it is a memory problem. Does your camera work after the battery pull? If so then it could be low memory. But it does suck that they would not replace it. They should. Sorry for your probs.
    06-25-08 04:07 PM
    Good call Phelos - I was just gonna say that. How much available memoury are you sitting at??
    06-25-08 04:11 PM
    Seems like a lot of the problems with the BB is from not enough free memory. I do a regular battery pull. But I have yet to experience any poblems even when the memory is down well below 10. But usually run atbout 17
    06-25-08 04:23 PM
    Has anyone had an issue with there camera, in the sense that when you turn it on, the screen just stays black and it freezes your bb? You have to re-set it in order for it to function again.
    If so, did yu fix it yourself, or have to bring it into the shop?
    This was the exact issue that i was having with my camera. the problem started suddenly last week for no reason that I was aware of. I tried every suggestion that i could find in these forums. I finally gave up in frustration and took it into the store today. The girl took one look at the camera lens through the battery cover and noticed that it was slightly off center - very slightly - i had never noticed it. she used a tiny screwdriver and pushed against the rubbery coating to try to recenter the lens in the hole.... and i heard the camera click back into place all the way across the table. Camera works just fine now. Clearly something had become disconnected.

looking at the camera, it seems it would be easy for this to happen since there's nothing protecting the lens. anything could poke in there and push it away from whatever it's connected to. particularly pens, pencils, keys, etc. and especially if you carry your phone in a backpack, purse or some kind of bag...

i just wanted to share this since it is such a simple solution. hopefully it will fix someone else's camera
    07-01-08 05:00 PM
    Oh man sorry to hear! I just noticed my camera is really dusty, time to clean it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 05:08 PM
    This was the exact issue that i was having with my camera. the problem started suddenly last week for no reason that I was aware of. I tried every suggestion that i could find in these forums. I finally gave up in frustration and took it into the store today. The girl took one look at the camera lens through the battery cover and noticed that it was slightly off center - very slightly - i had never noticed it. she used a tiny screwdriver and pushed against the rubbery coating to try to recenter the lens in the hole.... and i heard the camera click back into place all the way across the table. Camera works just fine now. Clearly something had become disconnected.

looking at the camera, it seems it would be easy for this to happen since there's nothing protecting the lens. anything could poke in there and push it away from whatever it's connected to. particularly pens, pencils, keys, etc. and especially if you carry your phone in a backpack, purse or some kind of bag...

i just wanted to share this since it is such a simple solution. hopefully it will fix someone else's camera
    How did she take it apart?? I've been having the same problem with my phone's camera! Tried everything!!
    07-01-08 05:22 PM
    How did she take it apart?? I've been having the same problem with my phone's camera! Tried everything!!
    she didn't take it apart at all. the hole in the battery cover over the lens has nothing in it - at least on my camera it doesn't. she just poked a tiny screwdriver through the hole and pushed right on the edge of thethe rubbery stuff. you could take the battery cover off if you wanted, but i don't think you would have to.

wait: my phone is an 8330..... thought that was up by my name or something. if you have a pearl, this might not work. i don't know anything about those.
    Last edited by cassarama; 07-01-08 at 05:33 PM.
    07-01-08 05:31 PM
    I have only had my 8330 for a couple of weeks but started having the same problem when I upgraded to 4.5.0.33.
    07-01-08 05:53 PM
    It's not a memory issue. I have tried the battery pull. BUT I just tried the 'centering' of the camera and guess what?!?!?! It Works! It Works!
    07-14-08 04:14 PM
    I am having the same issue on my 8310. I noticed that it happened just after I downloaded a free app WorldMate Live. I haven't used the app yet, but its the only change I can think of that I have recently made. I tried wiping and restoring and numerous battery pulls and the centering trick. No luck. I'm within 30 days. Thinking of upgrading to an 8820 or going back to my old 8700.
    07-14-08 09:44 PM
    Just a question, are all of the phones manufactured by the same company at the same location?
    07-14-08 11:05 PM
    Holy crap how I love this forum. 2 minutes ago my camera was doing the same thing, locking up. Also my video camera was only recording in sepia. So I looked here first, tried--skeptically--the popping the lens back in place, and voila fully functioning camera and video! Brilliant!

Greg
    08-14-08 03:10 PM
    I had the same issue. Used a paper clip to re-center the lens. Works fine now. Thanks! (I know my profile says 8830 but I am trying out a curve we had a work that was "broken". 2 minutes on crackberry.com..... fixed.)
    Last edited by beasontech; 09-05-08 at 10:41 PM.
    09-05-08 10:38 PM
    Amazing, i was just about to go to the store and get a new phone. I love this site. I dropped my phone pretty hard the other day. Must of moved the lens. Moved it back and its works again. Thanks for the help.
    09-19-08 03:09 PM
    camera adjustment fix worked for me tonight. Thanks.
    10-01-08 09:55 PM
    had the same issue!!!! (PEARL 8100) popped the battery cover right off, jiggled the lens around a bit... was disappointed after not hearing a "pop" ... tired the camera... n guess what!!!!?? IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    10-11-08 05:19 PM
    Wooohooo been searching for days on a fix for this camera issue and finally run across this thread. Fixed it right up. Thanks
    10-20-08 07:33 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD