I am on my third 8330 now and the 12 month BB warranty passed in August. Now suddenly the camera doesn't work. The screen comes up black then a window opens saying it won't open due to other apps running and to turn off apps and try again. I've done a battery pull to no avail. Also the end call button stopped working and then worked all day today the suddenly its back to not working. Also tonight my volume up button doesn't work but I can turn it down. I'm puzzled. I can't afford a new phone and can't upgrade till next year. Any thoughts?
    10-04-10 08:04 PM
    You should try to backup the phone using desktop manager and then wipe the phone clean using the built in security wipe or BBSAK. If that doesnt help then it might be a hardware issue.
    10-04-10 09:49 PM
    Some have had success pushing the lens in till it clicks back into place. Use a Q-tip and be gentle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 10:47 AM
    I backed up all the info and then reset the phone. I restored it and it is the same deal. "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again" is the message that comes up. No other apps are running.
    10-10-10 04:04 PM
    I backed up all the info and then reset the phone. I restored it and it is the same deal. "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again" is the message that comes up. No other apps are running.
    Try doing the exact same thing, but do it without restoring your backed up files to the phone so you start clean. Its possible a database could be corrupted and causing this issue.
    10-10-10 08:03 PM
    Today I reset everything and tried the camera as well as the volume up button and the end key and no luck. Must be a hardware issue.
    10-11-10 06:10 PM
    I have posted the same problem, with the cam not opening and getting the "close applications" message. I just tried the pushing the lens thing in, and IBD, It worked. Just got my cam back after several months.
    Thanks ya'll for the info.
    10-16-10 03:53 AM
    back up, wipe, restore.
    10-16-10 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD