I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 with sprint. Last night i updated to the new 4.5.0.131 to gain the new features, i love having html email and MMS, but i have discovered one flaw that is REALLY making my phone impractical to use. I would usually talk on the phone using my ipod headphones or when i am in the car, plug it into my cassette adapter in my radio. It would always come out of my headset or car no problem. With the new OS, whether making or receiving a call, it defaults to using the internal speaker in the phone where i would have to hold it up to my ear to talk. In order to get it into my headphones or through my car, i need to press the speaker phone button to activate the headphones. It is impractical to have to do this every time i make or receive a call. I don't want to have to restore my phone back to 4.3 OS, so i ask, is there any fix for this problem?
    05-04-09 12:45 AM
    You can try the Telus 4.5.0.138 OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 01:27 AM
    is there any setting to change?
    05-05-09 08:19 PM
    ^^^^ Having the same exact problem and looking for the same fix. I have .138 installed, and it made no difference. When I have it hooked up to my car stereo, and i get a call or make one, I have to "activate headset" before I can hear/talk.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!
    05-05-09 10:01 PM
    I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 with sprint. Last night i updated to the new 4.5.0.131 ... In order to get it into my headphones or through my car, i need to press the speaker phone button to activate the headphones. ... is there any fix for this problem?
    Same problem here. But I didn't know pressing just the Speakerphone key would activate the headset. I've been using the Menu (BB) key, then scrolling down and choosing 'Activate Headset'. Totally abjectly impractical not to mention dangerous for the car.

Which is too bad, because I've got a Plantronics headset rigged to a Jabra ear gel which I really like to use--but never ever now can I use it in the car.

Maybe if pressing the speakerphone key BOTH answers (i.e. switch hook function) the call AND Activates The Headset it might work. I'll try.

In the software world this is known variously as "It's a feature, not a bug" and "Working as Designed".
    05-06-09 05:37 AM
    Has anyone come up with a fix yet? Maybe even an app?
    Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 05-06-09 at 10:12 AM.
    05-06-09 10:08 AM
    i agree with everyone, dont want to downgrade, but if theres no solution, i am going to have to
    05-06-09 09:48 PM
    Im glad im not the only one with this prob! i do the exact same thing. Someone calls, my music stops, answer it and wait 3-4 seconds before i press the speaker button or else it wont activate and im saying hello 6 times before realizing its not on speakerphone! I wont downgrade but id pay 10 bucks for an app to fix this
    05-06-09 10:59 PM
    same here. im guessing theres no fix then...
    05-10-09 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD