I also live in the sticks, I am 6 miles away from reception from any carrier. I chose t-mobile b/c of the wifi/UMA. For an extra $10 a month hubby & I have 5 bars of reception at home and free calling over the wireless router. You may want to reconsider t-mobile!
    11-10-08 10:18 PM
    I'd go with verizon or sprint preferably verizon but they don't have gps on the curve n sprint doesn't do mms

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 10:28 PM
    NAVAN: Thanks for the help too!

I'm thinking that's what's the problem after talking to y'all too.

When I first started with them last year, I had the Nokia N75. Then switched to the BB. Sounds logical.

Oh, and I'm a DUDETTE!! ha!
    Whoops! Sorry, that's what happens when you've got 18 different threads open, lol!

I know it's frustrating...when they did this they had to wait like half a day to re-activate my account cause there's some rule...but yeah, now it works! I know I'm with Rogers but they seem to be parallel to AT&T in a lot of ways...and I'd upgraded to a BB as well.
    11-11-08 12:16 AM
    What is the signal for different carriers like where you spend your day? I ask because until they put in a new tower near us, we had terrible service "out in the country" here in Colorado. I spend most of my work days in areas with a good signal, so I set up a WiFi network at home and use my TMobile WiFi Curve to use the phone at home. Also for $10 a month none of the minutes count against our plan minutes. Because we are in the country, we use a microwave internet provider and that system works great -- very speedy for our needs. I don't think you have to go to TMobile, any carrier that has WiFi would work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 12:18 AM
    If you've been through that many phones, it's obvious that the phone isn't the problem. If you started a new account from scratch, and experienced the same problems, then it isn't your account. This narrows it down to the service provider. Since you can't switch, all you can do is deal with it right?
    11-11-08 04:28 AM
    Pete: I did the nmll. It's -65?

2. Next door neighbor with AT&T does NOT have this issue. She's the only reference point I have. Other people are on different networks.

3. I have tried the Tmobile card in my AT&T but, I didn't have any trouble because the boy toy tried to get me to convert back to Tmobile. He doesn't mind the fact he pays money every months and doesn't have service at our house. Gee, maybe I should think about not servicing other things and STILL getting paid...but, I digress.

As for the last part, I guess its a good thing I went to SAMS and got plenty of pizza this weekend, right?! LOL!!

Seriously, thanks for the help!! I needed to know that I'm not in some Bermuda triangle over here!!
    -65 is almost enough to fry eggs with. You have loads of signal. No worries there.

If next door on AT&T has no problems then that's 2 counts that this is not a signal problem. This leaves us with 3 problems:
    • the bf which I guess you can sort out even if he is on T-Mobile.
    • the account setup which only AT&T can resolve and as bensie says, they should do what RIM suggests and kill your accounts and then say 'Good morning madam, how may we help you.' and start over from zero with you.
    • the data path/protocol. I wonder if there may not be an artifact in the way the BlackBerry communicates over the data link to your house. Do you have any old phones that will take you AT&T card? If so, try it out and see of YOUR SIM card works in another phone. Obviously you will not get emails 'n stuff but at least you can see if you are getting basic phone services. This is an important test as it will once and for all prove if this is a BlackBerry+network issue or not.
    You did not say if your BlackBerry works in town. Does it?
    11-11-08 04:31 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD