Hi all,

I bought a BB Curve 2 months ago. I got it on Ebay brand new from a guy who had it for a week. (Verizon confirmed this).

Anyway, recently I have been told by callers they can barely hear me. I can hear them fine.

I tried to research this problem, and found a few solutions. I have reset the battery, that didn't help. The phone is not muted. The speakerphone and headset both work fine. I guess I can deal with the faulty mic (if that is what it is), since I have a headset....but I don't like knowing that my phone is screwed up. That bugs me.

I took the phone in to Verizon, and they tried to clean out the mic. That helped a little bit, but didn't fix it to how it was before. Unfortunately since it is bought off Ebay, Verizon will not help me, and I don't have insurance on it. Would RIM help? Is there a 1 year manufacturer warranty? Verizon told me my options were to use the headset, buy another phone from them or Ebay, or try to ask RIM. I bought it off Ebay for the reason that I don't want a contract, and the phone is $460 pretax full price.

Any ideas/suggestions?
    Last edited by foreverbuffy; 09-22-08 at 06:02 PM.
    09-22-08 06:00 PM
    this is a known issue with verizon curves, they might exchange it for you, but because it from ebay im not 100% sure
    09-22-08 06:11 PM
    No, they wouldn't help me.
    09-22-08 06:19 PM
    I have the same problem on my t-mobile curve 8320 and i've found a shop that say they can fix it... for $75. So i've been holding back.

I've also found a few bb repair shops online that were willing to do it, but its going to mean being without your phone for a few days.
    09-22-08 06:27 PM
    maybe try going thru RIM for the 1 year warranty? if they won't help that it seems like you might be out of luck
    09-22-08 06:28 PM
    is it a hardware issue? or something that can be fixed with a software upgrade?
    09-22-08 06:30 PM
    09-22-08 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD