Hi everyone,

I�ve just bought BB curve 8300 last week. I have problem with caller ID, when I receive the calls sometimes the name & picture come up but sometime they don�t.

For example : Rebecca called me this morning, her name didn�t show up but this evening she called me , the name came up. (I stored her number as local format)
    But it also happened to my other contacts which I stored with +44� format too.

In fact it happened to everyone on my contact list, it doesn�t matter what format I use. (sometimes the name came up some time it didn�t)

At the moment I stored my contacts in various formats which are +44� and local number format too. I don�t know if I need to change to any other format?

My setting on smart dialing is +44 (I�m in UK). And national number length is 10 (as default)

I've been asking everyone I possibly could but no one could help me.

They thought it's a faulty of the phone and they changed the second new one for me but I still have exactly the same problem. Am now so sad as I dont know who to turn to. (even BB support team couldn't help me)

And why some people (us) have this problem and some don�t as they also use curve 8300 but their phones are fine. I really want to know what caused this?

Could anyone help me on this problem PLEASE, I would really appreciate that.

Thank you so much
    Jooncita
    11-26-07 01:37 PM
    I am not aware of an easier solution, but when I upgraded (or was it "downgraded") the OS to the O2's version, it fixed the problem (and other problems as well).

If I were you I'd wait around and see if someone else has the solution. After a while, if nobody does, then I think you should do the same thing I did.

Harris aka SuperVervet
    11-26-07 02:00 PM
    sorry this won't help you but i have the same issue but on vodafone not O2.

I've had the curve for a few months now & have tried all suggestions but nothing seems to work - its so frustrating not knowing who is calling esp when your trying to dodge a work call!!!!
    - the strange part is out of 10 users @ work (all upgraded at the same time) only 3 of us have the problem.

Anyone able to help...PLEASE!!!!
    11-28-07 03:20 PM
    The caller ID only shows numbers when the phone is locked and password enabled (privacy protection). Unlock the phone and the names will show along with the numbers.

I only lock my phone when I'm traveling or away from home/office in case of theft.
    10-22-08 08:21 PM
    I have also been having this same problem with my 8330.
    I have found a solution to our problem. The above poster is correct that if the phone is locked you can not see the name of who is calling but only the number.
    To fix this go to options => security options => general settings => then go down to "Include address book", for this option select NO. This is what is preventing the phone from showing you Contact names on incoming calls while the phone is locked!

BTW, your Welcome!!
    sebrock and melrealtalk like this.
    11-23-08 07:06 PM
    Thx WIBeachBum... I'd been racking my brain on that and was one procrastinated day away from blaming the software. Now that I know it's a Sec feature, I actually like it very much.

Switchxxxblade thank you!! I like my phone to auto lock so I can set it down and know it's secure. I can still do that thanks to your tip there.

Btw this in on a BB Storm
    12-19-08 07:37 PM
    I have found a solution to our problem. The above poster is correct that if the phone is locked you can not see the name of who is calling but only the number.
    To fix this go to options => security options => general settings => then go down to "Include address book", for this option select NO. This is what is preventing the phone from showing you Contact names on incoming calls while the phone is locked!

BTW, your Welcome!!
    Fantastic! Thankyou!
    12-22-08 08:54 AM
    My phone does NOT have Content Protection enabled, yet my contacts' names are STILL NOT showing up.

Help!!
    01-16-09 10:34 PM
    change the national number length. thats the solution for all you for whom the security options did not work. change this setting under the 'smart dialing' option in your phone interface menu. set it to your national number length (it was 9 for me in Kenya).

/h2
    08-31-09 02:11 PM
    Wow thank you, I was waiting on the line for over an hour with Bell and while waiting I found the solution and they still havent and they said they will call me back.. Thank you crackberry no thanks to bell!!
    09-01-09 10:41 AM
    yeoo battery pulll usually works in this case..
    09-01-09 11:00 AM

BTW, your Welcome!!
    Thank you very much for this info.
    11-02-09 11:09 AM
    the same thing happened to me. it's too bad that encrypting your address book means that Caller ID doesn't work. I'd like to have mine encrypted all the time but clearly since that renders Caller ID useless I have to switch back. RIMM, please fix this...
    12-08-09 09:17 PM

BTW, your Welcome!!
    This worked perfectly for me!! Thanks!
    01-02-10 09:51 PM
    on the 8530 there is no content protection option. how would you resolve the issue in this case
    01-22-10 07:51 AM
    menu>options>security>general securit>scroll down contect protection is an option there that you can change...... worked for one of my calls.
    01-22-10 07:57 AM
    If you don't have a Content Protection option, it's probably because you don't have a password enabled. Does your Caller ID sometimes work, or never?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 07:58 AM
    I am having the same issue with contact names not appearing on caller id...just the phone number shows up!

when i go to options-->security options....there is no "general settings" tab. the only tabs under "security options" are advanced security options, encryption, firewall, information, and security wipe. none of which have a "include address book" option.

am i looking in the wrong section? is there another way to turn this off?

help!!!!
    02-06-10 03:03 PM
    It sounds like RIM has moved the location of the Content Protection Menu. In OS 4.7, it's found where I described. I don't have an 8520 and can't look for it for you. I suggest you download your User Guide from RIM. It's a seachable PDF. Then search it for Content Protection. That will tell you where to find it. RIM's site is BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    02-06-10 03:25 PM
    1. Go to Settings (or find some way to Options)
    2. Then go to options
    3. Go to Security Options (this should be the same for all Blackberrys)
    4. Go to "Encryption" (depending on the model this may be called "Content Protection Menu"
    5. Then go down to under Device memory where it says "Include Contacts" And select NO.
    6. Make sure you save
    7. After that have someone call you when your phone is LOCKED and you'll see that it works!
    melrealtalk likes this.
    02-11-10 01:54 PM
    I have a Blackberry Torch. I live in the US. I accidentally messed with some settings and it made the contacts in my phone not show up when someone was calling. For example: Megan was calling and it only showed her number. How do I fix it so where my caller ID will work again? Please reply! Thxxxx!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-11 10:04 PM

BTW, your Welcome!!
    thank you, sir
    01-07-12 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD