I have usually kept two separate address book entries for friends. One "home" and one their "cell". So when they call from their cell it shows "Jeff Cell" and home "Jeff Home". If I just create one contact for "Jeff", but have each number stored separately within the contact, will it still show up as "cell" and "home" depending on where the call comes from?
    04-14-09 10:57 AM
    I have usually kept two separate address book entries for friends. One "home" and one their "cell". So when they call from their cell it shows "Jeff Cell" and home "Jeff Home". If I just create one contact for "Jeff", but have each number stored separately within the contact, will it still show up as "cell" and "home" depending on where the call comes from?
    It will show up as "mobile" or "home" or "work" depending on where you input the number.
    04-14-09 11:09 AM
    Look in your edit function in your address book (Menu>Edit) there are separate entries for all types of numbers, and your CID will indicate the number they are calling from as entered in your phone book.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 11:11 AM
    Mine doesn't do this...if I have more than one phone number listed for a contact, then it just displays the number. However, when the call goes to the call log, it does display the name.

It's v frustrating. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

(Mine's an 8120 but this does seem to be 'on topic' for the problem I've got)

Thanks

kjb2
    04-15-09 03:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD