Never had this come up with my 8300 or 8310, but occasionally, when I have my 8330 (VZW 4.5) set up to vibrate, or vibrate and ring, I get complaints about a buzzing noise immediate after i pick up and before I say hello. I have tested it myself and sometimes hear the handset's vibrating buzz when calling from a landline.

Anyone else encountered this?
    12-16-08 09:15 AM
    I have. Not every time, but occasionally, when I answer the phone quickly, while it is still vibrating, this happens.

It seems that, if you catch it just right, there is no means to cut off the vibration in the middle.
    12-16-08 09:27 AM
    yup, definitely happens to me. WHen u push answer, many times it will vib one more time before it answers so the caller will hear the zap on their end. I guess the ring/vib app causes this. But I also get that speaker phone glitch as well so...

If there's a remidy to any of this, inquiring minds would like to know
    12-16-08 09:29 AM
    I have always wondered what that was! My mom complains everytime she calls that I am yelling in her ear. She doesn't ever believe me when I tell her it's the phone.
    12-16-08 10:18 AM
    From other forums, it appears that it's an issue with 4.5 where the speakerphone sometimes turns on momentarily when answering a call. As Empower solved my HTML issues and I don't have a lot of other benefits to 4.5, I'm going to downgrade to 4.3, as I didn't notice these issues until after upgrading to 4.5.
    12-16-08 10:26 AM
    Interesting to know that the "Speakerphone blast" occurs in Vibrate profile too. How discouraging
    12-16-08 11:33 AM
    Has this ever beenn solved? I do not use vibrate mode because callers always hear a loud noise when the phone continues to vibrate after I pick up! I have the latest version of the software loaded, 4.5.186.

Thanks.
    05-06-10 11:36 AM
    While I've never had the vibrate problem with my Verizon phone, I have had the speakerphone blast, the chirp and the squelch!

I have news for you Verizon users, it's the OS.

The only way to avoid ANY noise in your phone calls is to use OS 4.5.0.131 OR 4.5.0.138

Any other OS for select Verizon users has problems. What you may have to do is what I and countless others have done: use a hybrid that you make yourself with 4.5.0.186 (or in my case .175) and swap the radio files for 4.5.0.131 into it. No joke! These are the hoops we have to jump through to have clear calls on Verizon. It has been this way for me from Day 1 of my Curve 8330 life...oh about 2 years and 23 days ago. I have always had to have a hybrid to reap the benefits of the faster, improved OS but have always had to throw in the mix the STABLE radio files of .131.

There are directions around here to guide you through it. Or post and I can help. Also, Xliderider, Crucial Extreme and blackngrey70 are major players in the OS business. They have all helped me in the past! I'm sure they would be able to help you as well.

Good Luck!
    05-06-10 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD