Call waiting is not working for me but not sure if I did something wrong or the problem is the phone. I was finishing up on a call when another call came in. I didn't want to press ignore to end the first call because I was afraid it would stop the incoming call. I pressed answer and I heard the person ask for me but then it got disconnected and I got an error message, something like the call did not go thru. What is the best way to answer if you are also ending another call instead of placing them on hold?
    02-05-09 11:40 AM
    If you would have pressed ignore, it would have sent the incoming call to voice mail and you would have stayed on the current call, hence, your fears of stopping the incoming call are correct. The error message kinda sounds like just a dropped call unless you pressed another key or something. Best way to answer a new incoming call, while ending the current call, is to just go ahead and press the green answer key for the new call. This will place the first call on hold or end it as soon as they (first call) hang up. So, your call waiting probably actually is working. Test it out by calling a friend then have another call you at the same time and answer the incoming call by just pressing the green answer key, then press your trackball to toggle between the two or pick the choice to connect the two together and then you have a 3-way call!!

Or, when the second call is coming in, look above your trackball on the screen, it says "more". press that and you've got the same choices there...

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by BadBob; 02-05-09 at 10:53 PM. Reason: forgot to set notification to thread
    02-05-09 10:51 PM
    Thank you. You're right, it must have been a dropped call although I never have those, I've had 2 since I got the BB. But, I'm using it more than my old phone. I tested it last night and used the trackball and it worked fine.
    02-06-09 05:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD