Hello Crankberries... I know I know.. it's a long title but please hear me out.. here's the situation with my 8310...

1. In the middle of a long phone call (over 30mins)
    2. Incoming mail/yahoo messenger and my call drops
    3. Redial same number to resume talking...
    4. 10mins later, the whole curve reboots.. but here's the PROBLEM...
    5. Curve will NOT reboot. It is stuck at the white screen with the hourglass. It is just STUCK there.. after 5 mins.. after 10 mins.. funny thing is that the keyboard still works as I can press ALTs/CAPs and see the logo on the top right corner. I thought I bricked my Curve.
    6. When this happens I do a battery pull or ALT+RShift+DEL to reboot and everything restarts fine again.

This has happened twice in the same order above. It cannot be a coincidence. Anybody else have this problem?
    06-10-08 10:54 PM
    Sounds like you aught to bring it into a technician to check out.

Next time it locks up, do not fix it. Take it in "as-is" in the failure state so the technician can see what you are trying to describe.

They should be able to either give you a SW update or reflash the firmware to get rid of any bugs.

Ryan
    06-10-08 11:05 PM
    I've thought of that but knowing the poor blackberry support here, the tech would most likely do a battery pull and then return to me.. and saying to me with a smile "Here you go sir.. it is all alright now... "..

I'm actually more interested in knowing if anybody else has encountered this issue.
    06-10-08 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD