i've been playing with this thing for the last 3 days and can't figure this out. here's my setup...

- my calendar is set to give new appts a 5 minute reminder.
    - in the profile I'm using, the calendar is set to vibe & tone with a volume of high and 2 vibes.

I keep setting up "test appointments" just to make sure it'll give me these reminders, but this thing refuses to give me a reminder/alert.

...oh, it's an 8330 Verizon Curve.

Please help!
    05-26-08 07:10 PM
    Every profile has two options, one for in the holster, one for out of the holster; make sure you are setting the notifications in the right one.
    05-26-08 07:24 PM
    Every profile has two options, one for in the holster, one for out of the holster; make sure you are setting the notifications in the right one.
    i did it to both, in holster and out of holster, because I wasn't sure.
    05-26-08 07:27 PM
    When you say that your "calendar is set to give new appts a 5 minute reminder", I am assuming that you mean that each appointment is set that way. Is that correct?
    Because just setting the default reminder time in the Calendar Options will not set each appointment reminder.
    If you are setting each one individually, have you tried other tones? A battery pull?
    05-26-08 07:31 PM
    My works fine, my reminders are set for 15 mins prior to the appointment. Maybe try a time frame longer than 5 minutes before.
    05-26-08 07:31 PM
    When you say that your "calendar is set to give new appts a 5 minute reminder", I am assuming that you mean that each appointment is set that way. Is that correct?
    Because just setting the default reminder time in the Calendar Options will not set each appointment reminder.
    If you are setting each one individually, have you tried other tones? A battery pull?
    i have my default reminder set to 5 minutes, and when i go to make a new appt i can see that the reminder for this new appt is set to 5 minutes...but just to be sure (and to also put ERDude's advice to the test), I did a battery pull and I've manually set a new appt with a 10 minute reminder.

Still nuthin.
    05-26-08 07:42 PM
    This happened to me on my curve 8310 I kept setting the test alarm also and it wouldn't go off.I took the phone into ATT and they contacted blackberry support because they'd never heard of it the guy on tech ertificated him through clearing something out in certificated ( sorry it's been awhile and I can't remember what it cleared but as soon as he cleared it we rebooted and set a test alarm sure enough it went off in 5 minutes and it's been fine ever since, Blackberry support said it was a rare glitch but they have had it happen often enough to know how to walk you through the fix in undr 5 minutes. I will see if I can get more details for you on exactly what he did but in the meantime have you gone to the online blackberry support page, he told the ATT tech they had the steps posted there. Hope this helps
    05-26-08 09:42 PM
    Another possible solution. You might need the 2007 Calendar Patch. I had the same problem when I purchased my Curve. The phone had an older OS on it and needed the patch. You can either upgrade the OS or install the patch. I have done both, and both worked great.

P.S. If you don't need the patch, your BB will tell you when you try to install it.

Edit:
    BlackBerry
    Last edited by mdburnes; 05-27-08 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Added a link to the 2007 Calendar Patch on RIM's site.
    05-27-08 02:31 AM
    Im having the same problem with my calendar. Only time the alarm goes off is if I do a battery pull on a day where there is something on the calendar.
    05-27-08 07:58 AM
    Another possible solution. You might need the 2007 Calendar Patch. I had the same problem when I purchased my Curve. The phone had an older OS on it and needed the patch. You can either upgrade the OS or install the patch. I have done both, and both worked great.

P.S. If you don't need the patch, your BB will tell you when you try to install it.

Edit:
    BlackBerry
    nah, calendar patch won't do it - my Curve is running OS v.4.3.0.127. it's too new.
    05-27-08 03:09 PM
    This happened to me on my curve 8310 I kept setting the test alarm also and it wouldn't go off.I took the phone into ATT and they contacted blackberry support because they'd never heard of it the guy on tech ertificated him through clearing something out in certificated ( sorry it's been awhile and I can't remember what it cleared but as soon as he cleared it we rebooted and set a test alarm sure enough it went off in 5 minutes and it's been fine ever since, Blackberry support said it was a rare glitch but they have had it happen often enough to know how to walk you through the fix in undr 5 minutes. I will see if I can get more details for you on exactly what he did but in the meantime have you gone to the online blackberry support page, he told the ATT tech they had the steps posted there. Hope this helps
    I couldn't find much on the blackberry support page - any help you could give me in finding it would be MUCH appreciated
    05-27-08 03:10 PM
    And anyone else dealing with the same problem - here's a VERY interesting thread on this issue...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...r-problem.html
    05-27-08 03:11 PM
    Hi..

I just recently had this issue. I read through numerous posts on this site. I did not try downloading the patch or resetting the entire phone as some others have suggested but instead this is what I did and now my calendar reminders work so maybe it will work for you. First let me tell you I am using a BB Curve 8830 from Sprint.

1. Go into Options
    2. Go into Mobile Network
    - Make sure data services is set to On
    - Make sure mobile network is set to Sprint PCS (or your network)
    - Make sure network selection mode is set to Automatic
    3. Save
    4. Power cycle your phone (shut down & remove the battery for 30 seconds)

Then set a reminder in your calendar and see if it works. If it doesnt then go into Profiles (volume control) and check the settings for the active profile you are in at that moment. Make sure to always check the settings because they are different in each profile from loud through off.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Luscious1; 12-05-08 at 02:43 PM.
    12-05-08 02:19 PM
    I'm having the same problems and I have a BB Bold 9700. I have tried what LUSCIOUS 1 has recommended so fingers crossed it works!!
    07-28-10 10:41 AM
    It didn't work!!!
    07-28-10 11:45 AM
    Ana,
    You should post your exact problem in the Bold 9700 forum. The 8330 is too different from a 9700.
    HTH.
    07-28-10 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD