I am runing .77 on BES. I have my calednar set to keep appointments for 15 days. But I can open my calendar and find appointments back all the way as far as I want. Fro example: I just went to March 12, 2007. I didn't even get this device until June of '08.
    My question is whether this is taking up memory space, functionality, etc. I don't need to see previous meetings which is why I set it to 15 days. Is this a BES or DM setting I need to change?
    Thanks.
    11-10-08 01:08 PM
    It's not affecting functionality, but each calendar entry takes a small amount of space. On an 8330, you have plenty.

There are many many problems with past calendar events. Usually the problem is the user wants to keep the appointments for historical purposes and the BlackBerry and Outlook insist on deleting them. In my case, I have the appointments set to "Keep Forever," but I can only keep non-recurring appointments 13 months prior to the current month.
    11-11-08 12:01 AM
    SO I would have to actually delete them from outlook if I wanted them off my bb? (Just thinking about saving space and I know I won't need them)
    11-11-08 09:44 AM
    BES users normally have their calendar and Outlook synched. So yes, you would have to delete it in Outlook for it to be deleted from your BlackBerry. If the appointments have any historical value, though, it won't hurt anything to leave them. They are very small. A user posted recently that he had 6 000+ appointments going back several years on his BlackBerry.
    11-11-08 09:57 AM
    then I guess it is probably not worth messign with in case I ever do need to find an old appointment, thanks again
    11-11-08 12:17 PM
    Connect your BB to your PC and go to the DM Advanced Backup function. In a window on the right you will see all the databases in your device. Select the Calendar database, then click the Clear button at the bottom of the screen. That will completely clear the calendar. You can then sync Outlook to it.
    03-27-09 07:16 PM
    do you have any suggestions for recurring appts PAST that wont delete on a one way sync from outlook to device? my past calendars are very cluttered and it is annoying. Thanks.
    05-14-09 12:15 AM
    to continue...i have done all of the above in regards to wiping the calendar and re-syncing and selecting only future appts. it was good at one point but now glitching.
    05-14-09 12:17 AM
    If it worked once and all your past appointments were deleted, how did they return? Did you restore a backup? Are you using an employer-provided phone? If so, is it possible your BES admin restored an old backup?
    05-14-09 05:52 AM
    no restore, no employer phone. The first 2-3 times I synched there were no appts or events past today but ever since them i have gotten all of the past reoccurances in the phone. I think i may have gotten the answer on another thread, (even tho its not the one i want) check it out...."past events not omitted"
    05-20-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD