Hello,

Here is my device information:

Blackberry 8310
    OS Version: 4.5.0.110
    Carrier: AT&T using B.I.S.
    Three POP Email Accounts

The problem is as follows:

After upgrading to the new OS (4.5.0.110), I noticed that I have duplicate calendar appointments on my device only. This is very weird. I synchronize my device with Outlook 2007, and none of the calendar entries appear duplicated within Outlook. I tried to override the blackberry with a one way sync (from Outlook to the bb), unfortunately it didn�t work. I still see duplicate entries in the blackberry. I also restored only the calendar database to the blackberry (prior to OS upgrade) and it didn�t work either.

I noticed that on the new OS (4.5), which I downloaded from AT&T�s website (via RIM), that there are some new calendar features. One such feature is the view option of each calendar for a specific email address. This is nice, but I only use one calendar with one primary email address. If I select the option in the Blackberry to show only items for the primary address, it resolves the problem. Unfortunately, I can�t make this change permanent. It reverts to showing all calendar appointments for all email addresses when I leave the calendar. I only have one calendar associated with one email address in Outlook.

Is there any way to remove the duplicate entries from the device itself? I cannot find duplicate entries within Outlook, so it�s a bit confusing. Keep in mind that this problem occurred only when I upgraded the OS. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    02-19-09 03:34 PM
    this is also an issue on the sprint curve. What you will have to do is:
    Backup your device or sync it with outlook this is so you have a good backup of you calendar..
    then you will need to delete the service books for the calendars that you do not want to use. They are in Advanced-Options- ServiceBook. The calendar service books look like this {emailaddress}followed by [CICAL].
    Once you have deleted them you will need to power cycle your device.(some may say no) but you have to allow the calendars to be erased. so that when it comes back up and you go to Advanced Options - Default Services your wanted email address should be listed for the Calendar. Thats what you want...
    Then you need to sync your device. the only bad thing about this fix is if you ever resend your service books they will all come back, or if your on a BES server they can send it back automatically..
    02-19-09 03:47 PM
    You could also figure out in which two calendars you have the events.
    Select the calendar that you would like to erase as you mentioned before.
    Now while viewing the soon-to-be-erased calendar, go to agenda view and move your cursor to a day way out in the future like 2020, not on an event.
    Menu
    Delete Prior.
    All events prior to the day selected should be erased from the current calendar.
    Now go back and VOILA!!! No more duplicate events.

What sounds like is happening is the BB is associating all your events with an email address and the default calendar.
    02-19-09 10:32 PM
    Thank you both very much. I will try once I get home from work and let you know the outcome.
    02-20-09 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD