Hi,

Quick question- my Verizon Curve 8330 on BIS is working very well, syncing to Gmail calendar and Outlook via Syncmycal, and has been very stable. Recently it has begun deleting calendar entries on the device that are one week old, ie it's Saturday, and everything from last Friday and before for about a month is gone. My Gmail and Outlook calendars are not affected.

File free currently is 26347749, so I don't think that's it. I'm still running 4.3 on Verizon (haven't upgraded to 4.5 yet).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wes
    11-08-08 02:28 PM
    Open calender > menu > options > general > what is keep appt set to?
    11-08-08 02:29 PM
    Keep appointments is set to "forever"
    11-09-08 07:49 AM
    Very strange. My settings are exactly like yours (i.e. appts set to forever), and I have all my calendar appts from several weeks back. Also, I have less file free than you do...
    11-09-08 09:04 AM
    It's a bug in the OS. The 8830's are having the same problem. Curve users are lucky, you get to upgrade to 4.5, which will take care of the problem. So far no 4.5 love for the 8830's
    11-09-08 09:32 AM
    I have 4.5 and it still deletes anything over a month old. Granted with the memory leak I'm running between 9-13 megs free...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 10:01 AM
    Do you have more than one email account on our BB? If so go to Options-->Advacned Options-->Service Book and DELETE ALL [CICAL] entries.

Then re-sync and all should be good.

Whenever you add an email account or send the service book the [CICAL] entries are added and mess up the sync. I guess BB though everyone would just use one account.
    11-09-08 10:14 AM
    Do you have more than one email account on our BB? If so go to Options-->Advacned Options-->Service Book and DELETE ALL [CICAL] entries.

Then re-sync and all should be good.

Whenever you add an email account or send the service book the [CICAL] entries are added and mess up the sync. I guess BB though everyone would just use one account.
    What exactly does this do? Will this keep all my calendar entries on my BB if I delete these CICAL entries?
    11-09-08 11:55 AM
    I am having a similar problem. Future appointments keep disappearing. Previous ones have been deleted too, even birthdates that I marked recurring. I have an 8310, and don't have the "keep appointments" option on my menu.

I saw in an earlier post that curve users can upgrade to 4.5...is that my solution? And if that's the case, anyone know where I can find that upgrade?
    11-13-08 05:28 PM
    Start here and click on personal email

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    11-14-08 07:43 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but the 8310 isn't listed on the drop down menu.

After reading some other posts it sounds like os 4.5 isn't available from at&t yet - but I'm still not sure if that's the solution to my problem...
    11-14-08 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD