So, a couple weeks ago, I had this problem where all my calendar entries from, well since the last curve died summer 2008, just disappeared. No forewarning, just vanished.

Everyone said the blackberry was full, so I needed to get a memory card. Done. Problem not resolved. It is still deleting any entries more then 2 weeks old. Yes, I have checked the options, and it says keep calendar entries *forever*.

I have however discovered but do not know how to solve what *may* correct this problem. I have two email addresses set up in addition to the blackberry. It shows calendars - of course - for each of them, plus Default. So, it has a default, yahoo, gmail, and blackberry calendars and show all calendars is 'checked'.

So the quirk is that it is NOT deleting entries from the default calendar - only the yahoo which is my primary email. Yes, went to advanced options/default to make sure yahoo calendar is set as the CICAL default. It does not give me the option to set the calendar to 'default'.

Yet, it is still deleting calendar entries. Someone must know how to fix this, it's maddening, I tell you, absolutely mad.
    Last edited by dcrats; 11-03-09 at 09:18 AM. Reason: corrected title
    11-03-09 09:15 AM
    It's not the memory card or the memory in which you store your stuff, but rather the RAM (virtual memory) that goes low and deletes you entries. The problem is that you only have 32 RAM and 64 RAM of flash memory, in which the phone stores all your data. Available for use is only 12-15 MB and once you try to keep all your entries in there it runs low of memory and deletes everything (messages, emails) trying to preserve more important functions.
    What I can advise is to install Quick Pull (will restart automatically your phone every day at a certain hour - I put mine at 7, before I wake up) and install also Logmaid .
    This way the QP will offer you fresh memory everyday and Logmaid will clear all the logs every hour. But if you don't get rid of that "forever" option, things will continue to happen. Set it to 2 weeks and backup on pc. Simple. Or get a Bold, like me.
    11-03-09 09:43 AM
    701 has some good advice. What is your free memory? Maybe you can free some memory up somewhere else and keep your forever calendar.

OPtions, status, scroll to device memory. There are memory saving tips in 101's and on this forum. Are you keeping all your emails, and sms messages? (including sent)
    11-03-09 09:59 AM
    I've cleared out almost everything. and I think if it's keeping 'default' calendar entries then there should be a way to set the calendar as default.

file free = 4969292

What does that translate to?
    11-03-09 10:28 AM
    4 mbs and you will have problems with anything this than 10 mbs.Do a battery pull with device on and check memory. Are you leaving apps running? Alt and back key... should have 5 running unless you are keeping some open...Something is wrong or overloaded..
    11-03-09 10:35 AM
    I have deleted everything that I could find. All emails except 10 from all three email boxes. I deleted one of the emails inboxes. I've gone in and purged all three email accounts. I've only got like 15 things on the calendar. I'm waiting for it to reload now from the battery pull
    11-04-09 04:19 PM
    ok. now I've got

File Free 16772998. I saw something somewhere to delete BB installed apps: like all those stupid myfaves Icons. How do I delete all that stuff? Yes, only 5 apps running
    11-04-09 04:26 PM
    The icons don't take up much memory and will show up again when service books are sent or a battery pull. Make sure you don't leave apps running and do a battery pull when memory is getting low. quick memory check alt,r, shift, h

Instead of battery pull alt l. shift , delete

You might download bbsak and read your device to see if you have any large apps that you don't use that often… I am not sure if you start with 64mbs or 96mbs...
    11-04-09 05:26 PM
    Also...start your browser, go the Options menu and select Cache operations. Clear your History, your Content Cache, and your Cookies. This will clear up some more memory.
    11-04-09 07:49 PM
    Also...start your browser, go the Options menu and select Cache operations. Clear your History, your Content Cache, and your Cookies. This will clear up some more memory.
    Yup, got that one covered. Thanks for the reminder though
    11-05-09 11:48 AM
    Compared to what I read as most ppl's basic apps they've installed and I've stalled none - other than what came on it - I'm thinking I have a another lemon. I will download the program you mentioned and see where that gets me.
    11-05-09 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD