Ok, for the second time I am finding the recurring appointments are duplicating themselves to the following day. This is REALLY aggravating! Whis is this happening?!
    02-18-09 07:32 AM
    I don't know why, but I just discovered the same issue. I had to delete and re-enter the events to get rid of the dupes. Anyone else have a solution?

--krouac

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 08:01 AM
    Ok, for the second time I am finding the recurring appointments are duplicating themselves to the following day. This is REALLY aggravating! Whis is this happening?!
    They wouldn't be in March, somewhere between old daylight savings time, and the new one?
    02-18-09 08:16 AM
    What are the start/stop times you have defined for the day? It's possible it considers the first few hours of the next day to be part of the current day. I set mine to be midnight for both.
    02-18-09 08:18 AM
    They wouldn't be in March, somewhere between old daylight savings time, and the new one?

No, unfortunately it's not that simple.

What are the start/stop times you have defined for the day? It's possible it considers the first few hours of the next day to be part of the current day. I set mine to be midnight for both.
    I have my start time set at 7am and my end time set at 11pm. I don't think that's the issue.
    02-18-09 09:02 AM
    It was an issue with me. When I would set up "all day" events they would wrap around from, say 7AM on one day to 7AM on the next, spanning two days.
    02-18-09 09:04 AM
    Oh, wow, I guess that could be it then because it is my 'all day' events. But it doesn't happen when I set them up initially, I think it has something to do with when I either sync to my Outlook OR Google. I haven't been able to pinpoint that yet. You have your times set to midnight to midnight? I'll have to try that...
    02-18-09 10:18 AM
    Oh, wow, I guess that could be it then because it is my 'all day' events. But it doesn't happen when I set them up initially, I think it has something to do with when I either sync to my Outlook OR Google. I haven't been able to pinpoint that yet. You have your times set to midnight to midnight? I'll have to try that...
    Exactly! When you put them into your BB Calendar, they're ok. Once you sync with Outlook it will go back into your BB as a dual-day appointment UNLESS you change your beginning and end of day times. Setting your day like Spinny said to will fix this issue. BTW ~ you'll need to go fix them in Outlook too. I noticed I had duplicates in Outlook after the Sync. Example: Dad's B-day was on June 6th twice in Outlook and spanned the 6th and 7th in BB. Fixed my BB day settings, re-synced then had two entries on the 6th in both Outlook and BB. Went through Outlook, deleted duplicate entries, re-synced and all has been right in the world since. Wish I would have seen the duplicates in Outlook first, it would have cut down on the aggravation.
    02-18-09 05:04 PM
    Ok, so they did it AGAIN, but I didn't sync with Outlook. I think that google synced the calendar online. I also updated my OS last night. This is really annoying. I guess I have to do the same thing in google calendar??
    02-20-09 08:53 AM

Thank you so much. I hope this stops mine from duplicating calendar entries every time I do an OS upgrade.

My previous settings were 6am and 11pm.
    02-20-09 09:28 AM
    I have mine set to midnight for both and upgraded my OS last night, and sure enough they were duplicated again today!! Additionally any one time 'all day' events are no longer all day events. Instead it changed those 'all day' events to blocked hours. And recurring 'all day' events (like 'pay day' every other Thursday, birthdays, monthly bills due, etc.) are now all overlapping from the correct day into the next day. Very annoying!
    Last edited by shady360; 02-20-09 at 09:35 AM.
    02-20-09 09:30 AM
    I upgraded my OS and this happened to me to. I have hundreds of entries like this. There has to be some way to change the start and end times for the all day events without going into every single one. If someone knows, please share. I'm ready to throw this computer out the window.
    02-24-09 02:35 PM
    I don't know of a fix. setting both times for midnight did not work.
    02-28-09 04:51 PM
    It would be great if there was a solution to this. I tried all the suggestions and nada. I'm starting to dread every time I have to upgrade the OS because all my "all day" calendar entries change into 2-day entries.
    02-28-09 08:12 PM
    Someone has a fix, we'll just have to wait patiently
    03-01-09 05:52 AM
    I set mine to have the day begin at 12:00am and end the day at 11:59pm and it seems to work for me.
    03-02-09 01:25 PM
    I was going to suggest what BadBob has done. If you are set to start AND end at 1200am, then an allday from one day, carries over to the next, but if you go from 1200am to 1159 pm, it seems to fix it (or at least did for me)

03-02-09 01:30 PM
    I can only set my time to end the day at 12am or 1130 pm?

03-02-09 01:36 PM
    I can only set my time to end the day at 12am or 1130 pm?

Hmmm... that's interesting. You should be able to roll your trackball to the "30" in 1130, click on it and make it change by just rolling up and down. Have you tried that?
    03-02-09 01:50 PM
    I set mine to 12 and 1159, and then save. But when I go back in to check, it changes back to 12 and 12.

03-02-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD