I am a new blackberry addict, and have the US Cellular 8330. I love it, but there is a dead air sound during calls (on my end) that is driving me nuts!

It is much like when you turn on a stereo...no music is playing, but you can hear the low buzz. It is there during the ringing of a call as well, so it is not a reception issue.

I tried out my friend's Curve from AT&T, and it was clear as a bell, so now I am wondering whether I should switch, or not....but I like the phone from US Cellular better - besides the noise.

I went to US Cellular and heard it on the store model phone as well....but I am having trouble believing that every one of the 8330 from US Cell could be this way, as I am sure I am not the only one that will be dissatisfied.

Anyone else have a US Cellular 8330? Having problems? Have solutions?

Any thoughts will be appreciated....
    06-25-08 06:57 PM
    Buzzing/Dead Air sound on Curve 8330 Help!

I have the same problem on my Curve with the dead air sound during calls on my end. I have Sprint and went to store and heard same noise on store model phone. I don't hear the noise when using my bluetooth, but when phone is to my ear I hear that low buzz dead air sound and it is driving me nuts!

I am thinking about switching models since I have only had my phone for two weeks......
    03-02-09 01:13 PM
    I'm with verizon and I also have an 8330 and I don't hear any buzzing or deadair sound on my phone. If I was you I'd take it to the store and tell customer service about it. It may not be the network but the phone itself. You've also gotta remember the stores phone could go through a lot of abuse and it is only a store model so, you can't really base it off that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 03:07 PM
    Thanks for the info. I will call customer service and hopefully it's the phone. I really like the curve and would hate to get something else.
    03-02-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD