This is a totally random question but I was wondering if anyone would happen to know whether it would work or not. I currently have the red Curve 8330. I'm with Alltel and they only offer the red or titanium models so I picked red. Of course what I really want is pink or silver, which is what Verizon has. My Alltel is in the process of switching over to Verizon, but unfortunately we don't have their phones in yet.

When I signed up for the Smart Plan and got my BlackBerry, I was told I would be grandfathered in at the Alltel rates since I upgraded my plan before the Verizon prices and plans kicked in. That's great and all (cheaper) but what I'm wondering is, once they get the Verizon phones in, would I be able to buy a pink or silver Curve but still be getting the Alltel rate? Or since it's technically a Verizon phone, would I be forced to pay the Verizon rates??
    04-15-09 02:54 PM
    I'm not sure about Verizon's policy, but if you want a pink or silver phone you could just buy a new housing for the one you have. That would be cheaper than buy a whole new phone.
    04-15-09 03:14 PM
    My guess is that you would be required to sign a new contract, and that may cause you to change to a verizon rate plan.... Just my guess.
    04-15-09 03:14 PM
    middbrew, that's actually exactly what I did, but now I'm kind of re-thinking it because I've been reading about various problems people have had after changing it. I've already paid for it and everything... I guess I may as well do it, huh? I'm just afraid something will end up not working afterwards!

Medic, I would bet you're right. My friend works at Alltel and I asked him about it and he said the same thing... He said that since Verizon's Curves have special features specific to Verizon customers, I'd probably have to pay their rate. (He wasn't sure though, so I asked on here.) I wish I wasn't so picky about color! lol The phone works perfectly, I should be satisfied with that!
    04-15-09 03:20 PM
    Talk to the carriers
    04-15-09 03:44 PM
    Yeah, Verizon has pretty clearly said that if you want a Verizon device, you will need a Verizon plan.
    04-15-09 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD