Hello everybody,

So here's the thing. I've never really had a cell phone and I'm almost 30. Okay, put your eyes back in their sockets. Good? Great, my wife always had a cell phone for occasional talking but we're ditching the land line and going completely wireless. I'm actually quite the tech junkie, just haven't dove into the cell phone market yet. I'm a teacher and only work a mile away from home so for the most part I had little use for a cell phone. Anyway, I figured I'd dive head first with a good phone. ATT is running some pretty good deals on the 8310 on their package deal page so I figured now or never. My first question is taking care of it. I'm not a big fan of sticking my phone on the belt look so I'd like to put the curve in my pocket. How does it fit in there, (I usually wear loose fit jeans)? My second question is what is a good case or way to protect it to keep the lint out and stuff like that? I'd like a case that is appealing to the eyes and showcases its "curves" Thanks for the help and if you have any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
    12-29-08 11:58 PM
    The curve comes with a leather holster that is great for protecting the phone. I keep mine in my front pocket and it fits great. Not too big or bulky at all. You could also go the protective skin route and/or a clear screen cover to protect the screen from scratches.

Just go get it and dont look back, Its a great phone.
    12-30-08 12:24 AM
    Welcome to BB and CB site . The Curve is thin enough & sized enough to fit in pockets nicely w/o being bulky imo. Here is a nice cover for your BB. The BB 101 series is also a good thing to read over about your new addiction .
    12-30-08 12:28 AM
    I agree, the leather holster is good for the phone. Unfortunately for me, I dropped the phone a couple of months after I had it (couldn't take it back cause there was no insurance at the time). I have ran across a couple of hard cases and it has worked wonders. If you do decide to get a case for your phone, DO NOT get the silicone type. It's not worth the money you pay for it.
    12-30-08 12:29 AM
    I disagree. I've fumbled my Curve twice, and the silicon skin saved it both times with nary a scratch or scrape. I carry it skinned in a holster pouch.

Do NOT carry it in your pocket without a pouch! The trackball and keyboard will collect lint and get fouled. My wife also managaed to mash her trackball down and squashed the clicker contact switch to the point where it gets stuck down and keeps clicking over and over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD