Verizon has a pretty good deal on the 8330 Curve, $149 after discounts, rebates, and the like. I'm tempted to jump aboard the BB ship but I'm wondering if I should wait (a little bit, a lot?) for the Bold.

Thoughts?
    05-14-08 06:32 AM
    If you want to keep Verizon just get the curve. They will not have the Bold for at least a year, if not longer.
    05-14-08 09:14 AM
    Get the curve, the bold is coming to AT&T first.
    05-14-08 09:26 AM
    If you want to keep Verizon just get the curve. They will not have the Bold for at least a year, if not longer.
    Keeping Verizon is a must for me. Do you really think it'll be a year before Bold gets to Verizon?
    05-14-08 09:59 AM
    yes it will be a year or longer!
    05-14-08 10:02 AM
    I'm betting they'll get the Thunder before they get the Bold.

mdscpa - do it! I'm doing the same thing this week in fact. I'm selling my Verizon 8830 on ebay (I put a black housing on it, so it should go for a nice amount) and I'm getting the Curve instead. With a $150 price point for the curve, I'll even profit off the switch!
    05-14-08 10:04 AM
    My suggestion would be to go in-store and play with the phone for a while.
    05-14-08 10:16 AM
    Keeping Verizon is a must for me. Do you really think it'll be a year before Bold gets to Verizon?
    Nobody knows for sure when Verizon will be getting the Bold. As a matter of fact, nobody even know if Verizon will be getting the Bold. It's a matter of wait and see, if and when Verizon will get the Bold.
    05-14-08 11:49 AM
    Verizon has a pretty good deal on the 8330 Curve, $149 after discounts, rebates, and the like. I'm tempted to jump aboard the BB ship but I'm wondering if I should wait (a little bit, a lot?) for the Bold.

Thoughts?
    my friend, i was once married to verizon, but i left her for att, to tell you the truth. i said this b4, when it comes to customer service, verizon's got it. however, look how long it took them to get a new blackberry line up in the first place (e.g. the 8xxx series) it took them a whole year just to get the curve! kinda wish i knew verizon was gonna get that phone, so feel like being a grandfather before you get the new blackberry bold, it's up to you.
    05-14-08 11:54 AM
    my friend, i was once married to verizon, but i left her for att, to tell you the truth. i said this b4, when it comes to customer service, verizon's got it. however, look how long it took them to get a new blackberry line up in the first place (e.g. the 8xxx series) it took them a whole year just to get the curve! kinda wish i knew verizon was gonna get that phone, so feel like being a grandfather before you get the new blackberry bold, it's up to you.
    Matrix:

Thanks for your comments but I'll never leave Verizon since I've had many excellent customer service incidents with them. Often, they've waived the 2-year rule so I could get a new phone at the special rate, just as an example.

As for the lateness with getting certain products to market, yes, it is a nuisance but I can live with it. I don't need the absolute newest.
    05-14-08 12:06 PM
    I'm gonna chime in and say jump ship from Verizon and go to ATT and get the Bold (sorry had to make Bold "bold" haha) when it comes out! I use to live by Verizon but switched to ATT for the iPhone (yeah, yeah, I know) but then ended up with the ATT Curve. I have not had ANY problems with ATT what-so-ever. Their customer service has been great for me (may not be everyone but I have been very pleased) I get better coverage in the North East with ATT then I did with VWZ. When the family hangs out at our winter house in Woodstock Vermont none of the family can get service on VZW but everyone with ATT works fine. Honestly I get better coverage when I travel as well. I have not had one issue with ATT from Boston to Florida to California and back throughout many states. I will admit that EVDO BLOWS AWAY EDGE when it comes to speed and I totally miss that, but with the Bold being 3G/Wifi and looking at the 3g coverage map I'll have good 3G coverage its not going to matter. The other thing to remember is not only do you wait forever for a VZW phone you also will get a crippled one. Dont expect it to have Wifi, 3G (or whatever VZW is running now) and GPS. I would expect that VZW will cripple the GPS to run some Verizon Nav thing or do some other butcher job to their phone. Yeah VZW is a great company, but has the worse phones, coverage has gone down over the years and overall just dont see the draw to VZW anymore.

So my vote is wait for the ATT Bold and jump ship
    05-14-08 01:00 PM

Thoughts?

If you want the Bold this summer then come to At&t. If you wish to stay with Verizon then get the Curve. Its gonna be awhile before verizon gets the Bold.
    05-14-08 01:12 PM
    If Verizon is really getting the Bold in Sept, I guess I should wait.
    05-18-08 10:53 AM
    If Verizon is really getting the Bold in Sept, I guess I should wait.
    Even if you are not with Verizon, and has not get your Curve, I will say wait till the Bold come out ( it is only about 2 more months to go)
    05-18-08 11:00 AM
    Even if you are not with Verizon, and has not get your Curve, I will say wait till the Bold come out ( it is only about 2 more months to go)
    Does everyone still think just 2 more months for Bold on VZW?
    07-28-08 10:11 AM
    Does everyone still think just 2 more months for Bold on VZW?
    Uh, no... definitely not!

I have not even heard of a CDMA test model of the Bold, making me think a production model will be a long ways off........
    07-28-08 10:14 AM
    Especially since the GSM version is already being delayed.
    07-28-08 10:17 AM
    So I guess go with the Curve, when I can on August 14th for an early upgrade and then get a Bold once it comes out.
    07-28-08 10:21 AM
    Get the Curve, i just got mine a few days ago and it's a GREAT phone!
    07-28-08 10:32 AM
    I'd say get the curve....its a very good BB not to mention with the bold dates up in the air you never know....I know one carrier won't get the bolds until 09.....can't remember which but I know sprint wasn't even on the list for bolds...neither was verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 11:02 AM
    I never buy anything when it comes out because you are not aware of the flaws until a few months have gone by.

I got my curve about a month ago and I called a friend of mine that works in verizon to ask if the curve had a high incident of problems reported. This way I know what I am getting into before I get into it.

A better version always comes out to compensate for the flaws the previous one had so I say, If you get the curve:

1. You can always upgrade OS
    2. You have plenty of feedback from this site as to troubleshooting the phone.
    3. Accesories available are plently as opposed to waiting until the new phone has been out for there to be anything available for it.

If you really want a BB, get the Curve. If you cannot wait, then hold on to your horses and lets see when Verizon will come out with the Bold if they are do.

I go for functionality not fashion, not that you are.
    07-28-08 11:06 AM
    Matrix:

Thanks for your comments but I'll never leave Verizon since I've had many excellent customer service incidents with them. Often, they've waived the 2-year rule so I could get a new phone at the special rate, just as an example.
    How did you do this? and what did you say?
    thanks
    07-28-08 11:09 AM
    if its a matter of phones, the bold(624MHz/128 Mb) is far better than the curve(312Mhz/64 Mb) but if ur networks not gonna get it anytime soon, doesn't seem like its worth waiting for... and its not like the curve is slow by any means
    07-28-08 11:15 AM
    I think that Verizon is getting the Bold in September 08 and get this, may have the exclusive on the Thunder as soon as Oct or Nov 08.
    08-04-08 08:18 AM
    my husband and i are on the sprint network, and currently have the pearl, which i love. However, i am thinking about the curve or bold, and i'm not sure which would be better for my investment. i dont like having to wait on the bold, if sprint is getting it......
    08-05-08 03:57 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD