I have read a variety of forums regarding the compariosn of the two phones. However most of them were from late 2008. Most of them preferred the Curve and thought the Storm had to many issues. Have there been any software upgrades since late 2008 to make the Storm more desireable to but than the Curve. It seems everyone liked the tried and true Curve. Any help would be appreciated.
    07-06-09 09:46 PM
    As far as I know the storm is still having issues and with the storm 2 coming out you might want to wait to see how it will be. I have a curve and enjoy everything about it. Have never had an issue with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 09:56 PM
    I tried the Storm and didn't like it at all.

It was too laggy and I prefer an actual keyboard. I've been using the 8330 since the day it launched except for the couple weeks I had a Storm and I love the Curve.

I know a couple people who have a Storm and they love it.

You might really like the Storm. You have 30 days to decide

07-06-09 10:03 PM
    What about the 9630 Tour?
    07-06-09 10:15 PM
    I would get the curve over the storm. The storm is great vut its laggy and the sure press takes getting useto. I like the curve for its lightweight, good on battery, and its pretty fast.

07-06-09 10:36 PM
    I love my 8330 Curve, I am a hater for all touch screens. My curve is very fast and very productive, if you want a toy get the storm. If your a professional get the Curve 8330. Just wait till the 9630 Tour comes out, that is the best smart phone ever.

07-06-09 10:50 PM
    I have both right now, if you want trouble free operation and rock solid call quality, Then I would pick the Curve.

If you need a decent camera, gps and want to enjoy a good multimedia experience, then the Storm is pretty good at those things but there will be the occasional glitches to deal with. Some have a greater tolerance for this than others, make sure you can deal with the issues that will inevitably arise.

They both do email pretty much the same, so it comes down to whether or not you want to learn how to use SurePress on the Storm. I grew to love it, and it's still one of my favorite features on the Storm. Others completely hate it so your mileage may vary.

I use my Curve far more than I do my Storm for anything critical and if I had to choose between the two, it would be my choice, hope this helps..........
    Last edited by armedtank; 07-06-09 at 10:58 PM.
    07-06-09 10:54 PM
    I've got both right now as well and there are things about both that I like and dislike.
    Storm
    Pros: actual web pages
    for a phone its an awesome camera
    Media player is pretty good
    I like the sure press personally over the curves keyboard because I use the pads of my thumbs and not my nails
    Cons: lags
    Sucks down battery power like a frat boy at an open bar
    Ghetto fixes to make the screen click the way it should from the factory
    Curve( I'm only a week into the curve )
    Pros: fast
    Good battery life
    Trackball
    Lightweight
    Cons: web browser sucks
    I like the storm media player better
    Sticky trackball

07-07-09 12:45 AM
    Well..when I had to make the choice, two things were the deciding factor. The touchscreen on the Storm...hated it and the fact that it had it's own rant forum here on CB!!! LOL

Seriously...I love the Curve but I would wait for the Tour if I had the choice.
    07-07-09 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD