I seem to have this problem once or twice every few days and it lasts for a few resets...When I click the trackball to take me to whatever application I have highlighted it automatically takes me to my phone book. there is also more to the issue, my keyboard when this is happening wont type the correct letters, for example 'del' types the letters 'sw' and 'space' types 'qa' other inividual letters type random keys as well. this happens every so often and is only resolved by taking out the battery a bunch of times until it figures out how to fix itself I guess. If anyone has any help to offer it'd be great!!

P.S. I have all the newest updates and what not...I have resorted to this site because even my dad who works for verizon has never heard of this issue.

04-30-09 11:35 AM
    In my opinion this is a hardware issue my friend. If your phone is past 30 days, and you have bought it within a year, you can get a warranty exchange done with VZW's CS. Don't expect a brand new phone though. It will be a refurb (which will be good as new).
    04-30-09 01:17 PM
    sounds like a agua issue to me. (water)
    has it been near water lately? that can cause the exact symptoms you are describing.
    04-30-09 01:30 PM
    its an old curve. at least a year old. It's never been around water. I suppose summer humidity could be a cause, since being a year old thats enough humidity as leaving the phone in the bathroom a couple times during a shower.
    04-30-09 02:50 PM
    A steamy bathroom is not a good place for your BlackBerry. That amount of steam can definitely cause damage to your keyboard.
    04-30-09 05:51 PM
    yep, i'd bet my berry thats it..
    04-30-09 06:16 PM
    A steamy bathroom is not a good place for your BlackBerry. That amount of steam can definitely cause damage to your keyboard.
    The damage doesn't always happen right away either. It can take a while for the contacts to corrode before you start having problems.
    04-30-09 06:19 PM
    And I'm always amazed when people post "It's never been around water" and "It's been in the bathroom a couple of times during a shower" in the same post.

It may not seem like a lot, but that's WATER.
    04-30-09 07:23 PM
    It wasn't ever in a bathroom I was merely saying that 3 months of summer humidity would be equivilent to a couple days in a steamy bathroom.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 09:14 PM
    Same thing. High humidity conditions can cause that, as well.
    04-30-09 09:15 PM
    It wasn't ever in a bathroom I was merely saying that 3 months of summer humidity would be equivilent to a couple days in a steamy bathroom.

I'd prefer people to read what's actually written because it says " summer humidity I suppose is the same as a couple times in the shower" that means its only been in weather not a bathroom. Thank you I'm not a ******* ****** like some people. How about you help instead of try and find stupid people to make fun of behind a screen.

04-30-09 09:22 PM
    everyone who posted here was trying to help you.
    04-30-09 11:36 PM
    If your BB is less than 12 mos old, take it in for a warranty exchange.

If it hasn't been exposed to water/liquid, then the indicators in the phone should be ok and they will honor the warranty.
    05-01-09 06:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD