So I went to work today just like every other day sent some texts before work. I put it in my pocket and worked for 5 hours. Didnt hit it more then the usual lifes bumps what not. Then after work i went to check my phone and it didnt work at all. None of the buttons would respond to anything at all. So i didnt know what went wrong. I pulled the battery and put it back in my pocket and let it sit for like ten mins then but it back in and it came on then the screen went black. So i repeated it again and again. The buttons still wouldnt work. I tried charging it and the screen would come on. Then when i pulled out the charger the screen would come on again. But none of the buttons would work still. So it sat out for about 40 mins now and i put it back in and it still doesnt work.

Anyone got any ideas?

I have an 8330
    Last edited by BigTime55; 06-12-09 at 10:53 PM.
    06-12-09 10:45 PM
    Other than moisture intrusion or a crushing blow, it's hard to accidentally damage a BlackBerry so badly that a battery pull won't fix it. In your situation, could the BlackBerry have been exposed to excessive salt moisture from sweat while it was in your pocket for 5 hours? Has the moisture indicator on the battery blurred or smeared? It's likely either three x's, or a straight line. If the x's or the line are blurred, the battery has seen moisture. The problem could also be that your battery is not holding a charge. Try a new battery.
    06-12-09 11:09 PM
    Well my dads got an 8330 so I tried his battery. And i havnt droped that majorly like from my hand to concret or anything. I mean it was in my pocket and my pocket isnt sweaty but then again it could be mositure that I cant tell at all. The moisture indicator is still like it was when i got it. Im going into tomorrow morning to see if they can do anything.
    06-13-09 12:21 AM
    My scroll ball works too but will only scroll it wont click.
    06-13-09 12:22 AM
    I had this same exact problem 2 nights ago... my replacement 8330 arrived today, and miraculously, the old one started working again... go figure. Only thing I did differently when it started working was that the battery was out for about 12 hrs. Sorry I don't have a definitive answer, but you're not alone in that. It seemed to happen to me after being in my pocket while sweating a lot.
    06-13-09 01:20 AM
    Yeah well i pulled it out all night and the put it back in and still nothing. My replacement should be here in 2-3 bus days. I hope they dont find "moisture" issues or something thats gonna cost me a lot.
    06-13-09 03:28 PM
    The exact same thing has happened to my curve. Its like the keyboard has just died. The phone is still on and can receive calls but cannot answer because none of the keys work. So weird.
    06-13-09 05:32 PM
    Yeah. Hopefully the replacement will be here soon. Im losing it with my replacement phone. Its the old brick nokia.
    06-14-09 01:58 PM
    The same thing just happened to me tonight!! Gonna let it sit overnight and see if by afterwork it kicks back on!!
    07-05-09 11:53 PM
    If the problem is moisture intrusion, remove the battery and seal the phone in a bowl or bag of dry rice. That will help dry it out safely.
    07-06-09 05:57 AM
    Wow, this is so crazy because mines did the same thing this past weekend on the Fourth. I had it in my pocket, took it out to answer and the buttons didn't work. I got my FRU replacement today. Also I noticed on my new curve the background is like a light blue, what's that about?
    Last edited by Honey_Dip; 07-07-09 at 10:52 PM.
    07-07-09 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD