Hi all,
    So I bought my curve 8310 36 days ago, it died today, it would not re-boot, it had a blank screen, it did nothing. I pulled the battery out and nothing, the guy at ATT tested it and said it was broken so i was sent to the warrenty place and now i have a refurbished cell. It sucks! Why couldn't they have given me a new phone, I was only 6 days past the 30 day mark!

So is this a normal practice? So is there no way I will be able to get a new cell? I even talked to the ATT manager at the store and all I got was a big NO.

So sad!!!!
    06-26-08 09:16 PM
    Under Warranty they should give you a brand new cellphone, and not a phone that is a refurb. At least all of the phones I got under Warranty when I was with At&t were new.
    06-26-08 09:20 PM
    Sorry to hear about your issue. But you will receive nothing after your 30 days has come and gone. This is normal practice with most companies not just AT&T.
    06-26-08 09:20 PM
    Cheer up there. You'll find most of us
    who have refurbs are quite happy with
    them. Trust me you will be too.
    06-26-08 09:21 PM
    Yup once u surpass that 30 day mark its all refurb from there! Its no big deal though! If you think about it a refurb is actually better than a new phone imo cause it has been tested more times. I had 2 refurbs after having probs with my old 7250 and I could never tell the diff. If they didn't tell u it was a refurb u wouldn't know the diff!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 09:22 PM
    Under Warranty they should give you a brand new cellphone, and not a phone that is a refurb. At least all of the phones I got under Warranty when I was with At&t were new.
    Or so you thought... The only way that you will get a new device is if you

1. Exchange/return the device at the store for another or

2. AT&T's warranty dept doesnt have your phone anymore they will give you a new one.

But they say on the website that you will get a new or refurbished device which usually means refurbished.
    06-26-08 09:23 PM
    What's wrong with a refurb??

06-26-08 09:23 PM
    They should have given you a brand new model unless their is a stipulation attached to the warranty stating that the replacement would be a Refurb.....
    06-26-08 09:28 PM
    I got mine free with At&t and its refurbished. I love it!

06-26-08 09:42 PM
    I LUV my refurb!
    06-26-08 09:53 PM
    i have a refurb lg shine on my att line. for vzw its a curve. but the att shine refurb is great. refurbs are just as nice but cheaper.
    06-26-08 10:00 PM
    What's wrong with a refurb??

Well the issue I have with a refurb is I paid for a brand new ph 36 days ago, if I wanted a refurb, I would have gotten one in the first place and for a cheaper price. so I paid for a brand new phone but got a refurb... that is what is wrong with this picture.
    06-26-08 10:03 PM
    theres nothing wrong with a refurb.....
    there exactly the same
    06-26-08 10:03 PM
    I'm a little off-put by sprint now. If it wasn't bad enough that the mms doesn't work on sprint blackberrys, my phone was three weeks old and I have full insurance. My trackball locked up and wouldn't scroll at all so I took it in to get it repaired. I was informed that by contract they weren't allowed to disassemble a blackberry enough to repair the trackball so they'd have to order me a new one. Waited a week and went back to the store to find out my 3 week old phone was being replaced with a refurb! Who knows what happened with this phone. So far so good though. I completely feel your pain.

06-26-08 10:07 PM
    i have a refurb lg shine on my att line. for vzw its a curve. but the att shine refurb is great. refurbs are just as nice but cheaper.
    to bad most carriers wont let you buy a refurb. Instead they make you pay full price for a new phone or sign away on another 2 years.
    06-26-08 10:08 PM
    I love my refurb it was free and it looked brand new never have any problems.
    06-26-08 10:10 PM
    I'm not sure about other carriers, but with Sprint, you can try two approaches.

1. Call customer service and explain that you're not happy with getting a refurb for a phone that's only slightly older than 30 days. Don't take no for an answer; ask to speak to a supervisor or manager. Keep calling back until you get satisfaction, or it becomes obvious you're not going to get help.

2. Email Dan Hesse at [email protected]. Include something like "Urgent Customer Satisfaction Issue" in the Subject line. Briefly explain your problem, why you're not happy, and how little it would take to retain you as a satisfied Sprint customer.

2a. Sit back with a cup of coffee, a pop, or whatever you enjoy. Within an hour you'll have an email telling you someone is looking into your problem.

I used method two to get a new 8830 replaced for a friend who had an internal data issue with the new phone. By the time Customer support twiddled their thumbs, the 30 day mark came and went. I was told that the unit would have to be replaced with a refurb since it was 30+ days old.

I politely said, "That's not acceptable", got the name of the person helping me, and included it in my email to Dan. The same person called me a day and a half later, to tell me the new replacement had shipped; he even had a tracking number.

It was a very encouraging experience, I even had a brief, positive thought about Sprint (don't worry, I got over it ).
    06-26-08 10:30 PM
    theres nothing wrong with a refurb.....
    there exactly the same
    But my point is IF I had wanted a refurb I would have bought one and paid for a refurb price! I had bought a brand new phone (full price) and it was replaced w/ a refurb. there is a difference here.
    06-26-08 11:59 PM
    Seriously dear, there really isn't.
    You are working yourself up over degrees.

Your refurb will look and function as well
    as a new in box.
    06-27-08 12:11 AM
    My original broke and they replaced it with a refurb. It does what I need it to do with no problems. I can't complain. I understand your point, but once pass the 30 days...good luck on something new.

06-27-08 12:25 AM
    I guess what were all trying to say is
    "buck up little soldier"
    06-27-08 12:27 AM
    I have had a refurb phone and I couldn't tell a difference, to tell you the truth it worked way better then the othere 3 brand news I got so refurb phone are not all the bad. But that's just my opinion :-)

06-27-08 01:30 AM
    Once you past that thirty day mark that is what they automatically give you. It sucks big time but it could be worse . Refurbished phones are just as good as the new ones. Next time think about getting insurance. Of course you will have to pay a 50 dollar fee for it. Hope I could help

06-27-08 01:38 AM
    The only difference between a refurb and a new phone is the name. Refurb phones are as good as new. If you were to compare them you would not be able to tell them apart.

06-27-08 05:01 AM
    Once you past that thirty day mark that is what they automatically give you. It sucks big time but it could be worse . Refurbished phones are just as good as the new ones. Next time think about getting insurance. Of course you will have to pay a 50 dollar fee for it. Hope I could help

My phone is iinsured and ATT said there was no need to use insurance as that is for lost, stolen phones. PER Att my phone needed a replacement so they sent me over to the warranty store and gave me refurb phone.
    06-27-08 02:35 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD