Can anybody confirm with 100% certainty that the material BSE uses is IDENTICAL to the material invisibleshield uses?

I'm leaning toward invisibleshield purely based on the demos on their website and the great guarantee. I think it's worth 25 bucks to know that my $200 phone will be protected until I need/my work gives me a new one. But if they are identical, there's no sense in spending more money for the same thing.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    06-28-08 11:36 PM
    I don't know if they are the same. but I can tell you as an owner of the invisible shield its everything they say it is. I love it and have no regrets spending $25
    06-29-08 01:28 AM
    I have owned both BSE and Invisible shield. I use them on my iPod touch and my Curve. I just took the BSE Full Body Skin off my Curve because it was peeling and looking gross after only a month. I ordered my Invisible Shield one yesterday. I would skip BSE and go with Invisible Shield. Trust me, I've owned both and I can confidently say go with Invisible Shield.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 01:49 AM
    I have had them both and could not tell a difference. They are both great products and will be happy with either.
    06-29-08 02:06 AM
    where do you get an invisible shield? [email protected]
    06-29-08 04:18 AM
    I've had an Invisi Shield on my Pearl for a couple of months and it is great! I would buy another one without hesitating and I fully recommend it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 08:07 AM
    They are exactly the same, only difference
    is the IS offers a lifetime warranty. Which
    accounts for why it's 3x more expensive
    A waste IMHO.
    06-29-08 08:14 AM
    I've had both and a few generics. I've had no problems with any except this one generic cut-it-yourself kit I bought at Frys once.

And nothing about invisibleSHIELD seemed any easier (actually more difficult) or better protecting than the BSE solution or some of the generics.

Just dip your whole device in epoxy so you can preserve it's aesthetics. Functionality is secondary. ;-)
    06-29-08 08:15 AM
    Nice BBIron actually made me chuckle. Thanks for laugh.
    06-29-08 08:23 AM
    The IS costs more and has the lifetime warrantee so if the protection begins to peel off or needs to be replaced for any reason you get a new one free for life. But with BSE you will have to buy a new one. So if you have to replace it more than twice then it will be better to go with IS. Honestly I can't say you should go with one or the other. I am providing you with the reasoning of why I chose IS over BSE. Pease of mind my device will not get marked up is worth spending more.
    06-29-08 10:20 AM
    I prefer BSE

Personally I see the lifetime warranty as a moot thing. First in order to get a replacement under their Lifetime Replacement Guarantee you need to pay IS $3.95 PLUS you have to send the defective skin back for the new replacement warranty to continue. The price is $24.95 plus shipping for the IS for shipping when a full BSE cost $8.99 with shipping. So in reality you would have to replace the BSE 3 times in order to have similar out of pocket expenses.

Secondly I find Zapp CS to be slow- Ordered a skin and it took them 3 weeks to credit back my cc after I told them I didnt receive the product...whereas when I have contacted BSE they have always been quick to respond and stand by their products- no questions asked.

The advantage IS has over BSE is they seem to get new devices available sooner that BSE.
    Last edited by MsRandall; 06-29-08 at 10:40 AM.
    06-29-08 10:35 AM
    Invisible shield rocks! I have them for my 8330, 8703E, and ipod touch.
    they provide superior protection to anything else out there.
    well worth it.
    06-29-08 11:18 AM
    i have BSE, and im about to take it off. Ive had it on for about 3 weeks. and its starting to look very dingy, like seriously it just looks like its absorbing dirt and stuff, and cleaning it does nothin. I hate to remove it because of the protection it provides, but i also like looking at how shiny and nice my phone looks when i go to use it, and this is really getting ugly!
    06-29-08 12:35 PM
    I've read (in previous threads re. this subject) that oftentimes, the special solution that comes with IS (or the soapy water in the case of BSE) gets into the earpiece of the device when squegeeing. Has anyone experienced this or is it relatively easy to squegee around the cavity?
    06-29-08 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD