For some reason when I select the Browser it takes me to straight to my bookmarks where I get an Internet Browser and Rogers wap with + and - options to see the bookmarked sub folders. I don't understand why this happened. I just got my phone back from repair and that's when it happened.

I also can't edit my homepage for some reason, as when i go to google.com it won't give me a "set current to homepage option". When I try to edit my homepage address, my BB won't let me do anything. Under browser configuration it just shows me the homepage address, but doesn't give me the option or ability to edit it.

*sigh*
    08-16-08 06:22 PM
    Your Start Page setting under Browser Configuration is set to Bookmarks.
    08-16-08 06:26 PM
    Under Config. you just scroll down to the home page address, then delete and change it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 06:28 PM
    I'm trying to edit my start page settings under browser configuration but am not seeing anything.

I can only edit my homepage when I try to edit the Rogers WAP option (which also gives me the "use current" selection) but I can't see the "start page" option anywhere.
    08-16-08 06:30 PM
    Under Config. you just scroll down to the home page address, then delete and change it.

It won't let me delete it for some reason.

I don't get why this is so difficult.
    08-16-08 06:32 PM
    It is a little tricky, but not that hard when you know the secret.

First, Navigate to your preferred home page. Google or iGoogle is a good choice.

Press the Menu button and Options / Browser Configuration.

Scroll to the bottom, you will sitting on a button marked "Use Current". That is only way to actualy make the change.
    08-16-08 06:47 PM
    That's the problem, I only get a "use current" option if I'm using Rogers WAP. I don't get that option on my regular internet browser settings.

And when I get my bill, I'm allowed upto 4 MB a month on browser, but if I use rogers WAP then they charge me.
    08-16-08 06:54 PM
    If I understand you correctly, with Google as a selected home page, it will not replace the bookmarks.

Can you check a setting? Browser / Options / Browser Configuration.

At the top of the page, what does the Browser choice say?

Can you change it by selecting it and pressing the Menu key?

If not, you may have to make further setting changes in Options / Mobile Network / Connection Preferences.

Mine is slightly different from yours, being an 8320, but that setting should be similar.
    08-16-08 07:11 PM
    If I understand you correctly, with Google as a selected home page, it will not replace the bookmarks.

Can you check a setting? Browser / Options / Browser Configuration.

At the top of the page, what does the Browser choice say?

Can you change it by selecting it and pressing the Menu key?

If not, you may have to make further setting changes in Options / Mobile Network / Connection Preferences.

Mine is slightly different from yours, being an 8320, but that setting should be similar.
    The Browser choice says "Internet Browser" and I can change it to "WAP Browser (Rogers)".

The only problem with Rogers WAP browser is that I get charged extra for using it, as oppose to internet browser.
    08-16-08 07:37 PM
    Internet Browser is the correct choice.

I may be confused, but I am quite sure Mr Rogers will have his hands in your pocket, no matter which Browser you use. At $10 Mb, that will add up quickly.

Do the WAP bookmarks take you to a Rogers shopping service? If so, I would expect that to be a free data service, not the other way around.

08-16-08 07:48 PM
    Internet Browser is the correct choice.

I may be confused, but I am quite sure Mr Rogers will have his hands in your pocket, no matter which Browser you use. At $10 Mb, that will add up quickly.

Do the WAP bookmarks take you to a Rogers shopping service? If so, I would expect that to be a free data service, not the other way around.

Yup, they take me to Rogers homepage.

If I do need to use Rogers WAP, then how can I edit the start page thing? I would love it if my browser could just take me to google, as oppose to bookmarks with subfolders.

I also appreciate all your help with this!
    08-16-08 07:50 PM
    I suspect you have a modified Browser specific for shopping at Rogers.

Thy re-sending your service books. Idealy, that should activate your internet browser.

08-16-08 08:00 PM
    I can access my service books but how do I go about re-sending them?
    08-16-08 08:18 PM
    I had a similar problem once. If I remember right, when in my browser config page, I clicked options, reset default settings. I was then able to highlight the start page and edit my settings. It might be helpful, if you can, use go to to get to the start page you want - then click the menu key while your browser is on that page before you edit your settings - then you should be able to use the use current key.

08-16-08 08:23 PM
    Oh, remember to put your other settings back to normal, too.

08-16-08 08:24 PM
    i have mine set to take me to the "go to..." screen. so i am looking at my bookmarks, history, an address bar, and search bar
    08-16-08 08:26 PM
    Johnny, were helping husker. Do you have a question?
    Husker, to send service books, go to manage internet email. It'll take you to the page where you can manage your service books. Also, try to edit your start page the way I suggested. It should work for you.

08-16-08 08:30 PM
    I tried that but I only seem to get the start page settings under WAP browser as oppose to internet browser.
    08-16-08 08:32 PM
    You have got me there, I am not a Rogers customer, so I don't actually know.

Some carriers support in device service books, others send it from the carriers web site.

Fact is, I will likely have overcome my last objection to signing a contract with Rogers in a couple days.

$30 / 6Gb and a shiny new Bold are enough to have me waiting in line. Would have been nice to get it for $300, but that is the fanboy premium.

08-16-08 08:46 PM
    Stoner, you dog , I'd be willing to pay if only I had a chance lol!
    Husker, can you click your menu key, then click options, the go to your browser config screen from an internet page - then select the use current option? I'm just wondering if we can get you to a page you can edit.

08-16-08 08:54 PM
    Make that, the premium for holding the most sophisticated communications device conceived by the Planets brightest minds.

In a few weeks, our American friends will get to play catch-up.

08-16-08 08:55 PM
    Stoner, you dog , I'd be willing to pay if only I had a chance lol!
    Husker, can you click your menu key, then click options, the go to your browser config screen from an internet page - then select the use current option? I'm just wondering if we can get you to a page you can edit.

No, I can't unfortunately

It's weird, ever since I got it repaired, my browser is all messed up.
    08-16-08 08:57 PM
    Assuming, of course, I can get past OP's WAP Browser issue.

08-16-08 09:00 PM
    That's the problem, I only get a "use current" option if I'm using Rogers WAP. I don't get that option on my regular internet browser settings.

And when I get my bill, I'm allowed upto 4 MB a month on browser, but if I use rogers WAP then they charge me.
    Try this.

Under Browser Options, go to General Properties.

You should be able to change the Default Browser to 'Internet Browser'

Remember to Save Options

08-16-08 09:00 PM
    Try this.

Under Browser Options, go to General Properties.

You should be able to change the Default Browser to 'Internet Browser'

Remember to Save Options

It's already set to Internet Browser.
    08-16-08 09:08 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD