Hi so I just got a blackberry curve about a month ago and now my browser has become extremely slow. I tried clearing my history and my cookies but it still goes at a snails pace. I was just wondering if there was maybe any reason that it's turned to be so slow and if there's something i can do to fix it?
    05-10-09 02:40 PM
    Try going into the options (browser) and disable java. That may help, it also depends on where you are (inside, outside). If all else fails, try a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 04:19 PM
    My BB browser sped up when I upgraded to OS 4.5.0.138
    The RF is much better too. I have a signal where I didn't get anything before.
    Try another browser. I like Bolt. Very snappy load times. I don't like Opera. I don't know why everyone likes it so much. It's very slow. Every time the curser passes over a link or button I have to roll the track ball four times more to get it off the button.
    It's good to have multiple browsers anyway. Each one displays a web page just a little different.
    05-10-09 05:42 PM
    Sounds like a potential memory issue if your phone is bogged down. hold down alt+left shift+H and tell us your file free memory.
    05-10-09 07:37 PM
    Sounds like a potential memory issue if your phone is bogged down. hold down alt+left shift+H and tell us your file free memory.
    You mean Hold down the left ALT and press right SHIFT and H at the same time?
    05-10-09 07:43 PM
    On the Curve, in Browser Configuration, I uncheck javascript and the bottom 2 options, my browser is pretty fast. The more options you check, the slower it runs, so you might want to play with the settings for your best setup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD