i've heard of people using different browers can some on etell me ont that is good and how to get it please
    12-30-08 09:22 PM
    The only other browser other than the built in Blackberry browser is Opera. You can get it here: Opera Mini | The most popular mobile phone browser in the world
    12-30-08 09:25 PM
    I prefer the built-in browser. I only use Opera Mini if I have a compatibility issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 09:27 PM
    I just recently got my first BB (less than 2 weeks). I have never heard of the Opera browser, what makes it such a popular browser?
    12-30-08 09:30 PM
    ok i see you have the 8330 which do you use? is opera really better or are they closely camparible
    12-30-08 09:32 PM
    ok i see you have the 8330 which do you use? is opera really better or are they closely camparible
    Opera gives you more of a desktop feel to the webpages. Certain sites don't jive well with the BB browser (I.e. Banking sites).

Opera is good to have onhand just in case you visit a site that won't load properly on your BB.

Ppbb

12-30-08 10:10 PM
    I should also add that I preferred Opera before. But with the updates the BB browser ain't bad. It is gowing on me.

12-30-08 10:11 PM
    I rarely use Opera on my BB. Unless there is a site Im having issues with the BB browser. The full version of Opera, however, is my primary desktop browser
    12-30-08 10:38 PM
    I think the native browser on 4.5 set up properly is just fine. Never understood the hype of Opera Mini...
    12-30-08 10:40 PM
    Why not use both? I found when i was trying to download google maps on opera mini it wouldnt let me but when i used the default browser it worked fine. I find opera mini is WAY better to use crackberry with. So im going to keep both.
    12-30-08 10:41 PM
    Blackberry browser has better shortcut keys, and the ability to send the page or link within a page to someone via text or email. Opera is needed for sites that have issues when being accessed by the blackberry browser.

12-30-08 10:48 PM
    Still love OM, but with 4.5 the native is way nice
    12-30-08 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD