...okay, I searched for this in the forum and couldn't find a definitive answer - but for the browser on the Curve 8330, what is the best settings? My internet browser is horrible and I am guessing it is just not configured right...
    01-25-09 07:23 PM
    Browser > Options > Browser Configuration > choose Internet Browser
    I have all the boxes checked except "Allow Javascript popups". Others will say check all the boxes. Page loading is slower but much satisfying. Experiment until you find a compromise you like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 07:29 PM
    The default settings don't work well on CrackBerry. I recommend checking all the boxes in Options / Browser Configuration. "Support Style Sheets" is critical for the wapforums pages to display properly.

Here's a relevant link: How to Access Crackberry from my Blackberry
    01-25-09 07:35 PM
    After reading this thread, I changed my settings...and WOW, what a difference. Although, I found that I my browser seemed to time out when the "allow javascript popups" selection was checked. So thanks for the information.
    01-29-09 05:08 PM
    I do have some general browser questions. Just to further my understanding, and eliminate the overwhelming fear, as a newbie, of doing something to brick my device

What is the following, and how should they be configured for "optimal" results:
    • Java script location suppoer
    • HTML tables
    • Embedded Media
    • Style Sheets
    • WML & HTML Pages
    • Pushed Content
    • Browser Pushed/WAP Pushed/MDS Pushed
    • Set encoding options (found in the browser menu)
    Lastly, what is the difference between a WAP and a regular PC webpage (as you would see on your computer)?
    01-29-09 05:13 PM
    Browser > Options > Browser Configuration > choose Internet Browser
    I have all the boxes checked except "Allow Javascript popups". Others will say check all the boxes. Page loading is slower but much satisfying. Experiment until you find a compromise you like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    man what a difference. Thanks for the settings, and its_miller_time bet me to the posting of the thread.
    01-29-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD