Question about the 8310 browser on ATT.
    After browsing the web on the berry for awhile, if i want to go to a page, i usually hit the bb menu button and click go to... and it lets me type the url i want to go to (atleast on my bold), on my gfs curve 9which used to be mine, and i dont think i had this problem on it) it doesnt show the go to option. and when i try to set google as a home page, it wont let me. it actually keeps the homepage as "http://home" and i cant figure out how to change it. it was like that on her old OS (which i dont remember which one it is) and i just updated it to 4.5 thinking it would fix it, and it still didnt... any
    ideas how to fix it?

and dont says download Bolt, or Opera... she likes the bb browser, thanks!
    02-03-09 10:24 PM
    First off resend your service books from the bis site. BlackBerry Internet Service

Then Re-register your host routing tables by going to options-advance options- host routing tables- press the menu button then select register.
    Also try doing a battery pull.
    To change the homepage go to options while on the browser, browser configuration- scroll all the way down and change the address.
    02-03-09 10:29 PM
    cool ill give that a try, thanks!
    02-04-09 10:46 AM
    the link wouldnt work, not i got it to work, but it says:
    "Error
    The site cannot be accessed in this manner. Please use the URL or link provided by your service provider." then i go to att. blackberry.com and it says the same thing...
    edit:
    went through my berry and resent service books that way... lets see what happens now
    and i tried to reregister my host routing tables, and it still didnt work...

also, when i tried to set the homepage like you said, i go to it, and it wont let me erase the webpage that is already there, it doesnt let me add letters, delete letters or anything. it lets me change anything else i want there, just not that.

any more ideas?
    Last edited by editionfws; 02-04-09 at 05:57 PM.
    02-04-09 05:47 PM
    actually it does work now, i guess i had to give it a minute. it fixed both problems. thanks!
    02-04-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD