Hi everyone, great site you have here by the way. Normally i would search first which i did but i don't even really know what to search since my problem is kind of weird.

Anyways I just got the Blackberry Curve 8330 yesterday. Great phone i love it so far. But the problem i'm having is with the web browser. When i open the browser its on a page that has "Services - email accounts..settings...etc etc..." and when i click the menu button and try and go back to the home page it just goes back to that and so in turn i can't go to any sites.

I've asked a few friends with the same phone about the internet and said they just hopped on right away for the most part with no setting up and didn't really have any answers for me.

Is there something i need to do? Or...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

oh and I'm on Verizon's service.
    08-03-08 09:36 PM
    Go to options>adv options>Host Routing table>press menu and do a register now. THis should resolve it.
    08-03-08 09:39 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    08-03-08 09:46 PM
    ok i did that lastraid. Still stuck at that page. Though i did get an message saying my blackberry is now registered with the wireless network. But i still cant get back to the home page of the browser. ><
    08-03-08 09:50 PM
    Home page is defaulted to to VZWapps page. ALso I would do a battery reset. The home page can be changed to the page of your choice. Browser will also remember the past page you visted. Menu and select home will take you back to the home page
    08-03-08 09:52 PM
    ya when i first got the phone and went to browser it was on the VZWapps page where it shows like espn, google etc...now i can't get back to that...its always at the page where i can edit my email address...

and when you say battery reset do you just mean take it out and put it back in?
    08-03-08 09:57 PM
    What happens is if you select email settings from the home screen it will hijack your browser to go and edit your email settings. When you are stuck on the email settings page selecting menu and home just reloads the email settings page. You need to press and hold the back button to exit and close the browser. If it says "are you sure you wish to close the browser" or similar just select yes. Then relaunch the browser and you are all set!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 08-03-08 at 10:01 PM.
    08-03-08 09:57 PM
    ohhh awesome..that totally worked grandmaster...thanks!
    08-03-08 10:00 PM
    No problem and welcome to the Crack!

08-03-08 10:02 PM
    Welcome aboard and make sure u check off all boxes in the browser config settings so the web pages look right.

08-03-08 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD