Before 4.5 you could highlight a site in the drop down list of the browser's address bar, press delete and it would be removed from the list. I am unable to find any way to do this now. The only way I can clear out the list is to clear the entire history which wipes out all the sites. I can't find any way to remove individual sites. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

Elader

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 08:03 PM
    I just tried menu/goto and then menu/history and had all the history sites laid out in a nice table. I then highlighted one and tried menu/delete and away it went, leaving all the rest. That what you're after?

12-23-08 08:53 PM
    Thanks for the reply!

I don't think that is what I am after. I mistyped a URL once and it is constantly in the address bar list of sites. Specifically I wanted to go to espn.com, so I typed ES and scrolled down to espn.com in the list that pops up when you begin typing an address. Unfortunately I accidentally scrolled up to where I had typed ES before I clicked. Now www.es is in my dropdown list of sites and I would like to get rid of it. I cannot find a way to do so without deleting the entire history.

The method you described wouldn't work because the history only dates back one week and the mistype occurred some time ago. In previous versions of the OS you could just highlight www.es in the dropdown list and hit delete to remove it. This doesn't work anymore.

12-23-08 09:10 PM
    Gotcha. I see the problem: delete just erases one character at a time in the address bar and doesn't affect the entry itself. I wonder why they did that?

12-23-08 09:26 PM
    Yeah it seems like a weird change to make. I wish it was the other way. It isn't a huge thing, but it is annoying to have to clear the whole history out just to remove one entry.

Elader

12-23-08 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD