Heya I was wondering if there was a way that when I go to menu>goto while in the browser if there was a way I can hide the bookmark section... And if there was a way that I could delete all the useless links that came on my bb including the wap bookmarks option (I never use that one)... Also if I can get everyones opinions on how to configure the browser options...and how to make the finger for the coursor...thank you all in advance for your help...
    07-25-08 08:11 AM
    Sooo many questions, such little time

For the GoTo in the browser... you cannot hide the bookmarks section.

As for the 'useless' bookmarks that are included, I am unable to remove them on my device. I just minimize them under the title bar... and never expand them (since I do not use them!)

Finally... Browser Options...

For the "Finger Cursor" you Hit Menu when on a webpage and you can change from inbetween selection modes.
    07-25-08 08:35 AM
    Sooo many questions, such little time

For the GoTo in the browser... you cannot hide the bookmarks section.

As for the 'useless' bookmarks that are included, I am unable to remove them on my device. I just minimize them under the title bar... and never expand them (since I do not use them!)

Finally... Browser Options...

For the "Finger Cursor" you Hit Menu when on a webpage and you can change from inbetween selection modes.
    How did you "minimize" the useless bookmarks under the title bar? Thank you.
    07-30-08 06:48 PM
    In the browser bookmark section go to the top where it says Links,
    hit the menu key and select collapse.

Hope this helps!
    07-30-08 07:51 PM
    In the browser bookmark section go to the top where it says Links,
    hit the menu key and select collapse.

Hope this helps!
    Sorry, but it didn't work for me. I'm trying to minimize VZ Nav, Sidebar, Mobile IM, ect. These are preloaded with the Curve from Verizon.
    Maybe I am doing it wrong.

I select browser>after it loads I see homepage with the pre-installed links I'm trying to minimize> from that screen I select 'menu'> scroll down and select 'bookmarks'> highlight 'links'> select 'menu'> highlight and select 'Collapse', go back to browser home screen, and all preinstalled links are still there. Thoughts?

Thanks!
    07-30-08 08:16 PM
    Browser - options - bookmarks - scroll to top Links
    while on Links hit menu -first option is help, second option is collapse
    I'm on Verizon as well. Under links the Bookmarks listed (on mine) are Get VZnavigator, downloads, and blackberry help. Is this what you have?

I'm confused by "homepage with links". My home page is Google, and when I turn my browser on all I see is Google with no links. Whats your home page? Is it a verison page?

let me know!
    07-30-08 08:58 PM
    Browser - options - bookmarks - scroll to top Links
    while on Links hit menu -first option is help, second option is collapse
    I'm on Verizon as well. Under links the Bookmarks listed (on mine) are Get VZnavigator, downloads, and blackberry help. Is this what you have?

I'm confused by "homepage with links". My home page is Google, and when I turn my browser on all I see is Google with no links. Whats your home page? Is it a verison page?

let me know!
    Sorry, it is the VerizonWireless page that came with the phone. As soon as the browser loads the Verizon "homepage with pre-installed links comes up. Top left hand corner says VZStart. scroll down a bit links as follows: Reuters News& Info, ESPN, Weather Bug, Get Applications, Connect, VZ Navigator, Mobile IM, Force Field Manager,Mobile Banking, Sidebar.

I would like to change this screen to a screen with only links that I would actually use. I would like to keep Reuters, ESPN, Weather Bug, Get Apps., Connect, and minimize the rest. I would also like to add my favorite bookmark links to this page if could, so when my BB browser loads the first page that pops up is a simple page with all my favorite website links. Sorry this is my first time doing this and I appreciate your patience. Thanks.
    07-30-08 09:18 PM
    Sorry I led you down the crimson path! I never even gave the Verizon page time to load when I got mine, I wanted Google.

As far as changing your home page options...I'm OUT

Maybe somebody else can help you.
    Good luck!
    07-30-08 10:02 PM
    I don't think you can change them. I have Verizon as well and never really thought of changing or collapsing. All I did was Go To..and saved all the sites I visit (this one at the top). I normally don't have to wait for the brower to fully load, just hit menu and Go To...wherever I wanna go. (Mostly here). Don't know if this helped, sorry if it didn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD