I'm having trouble with my browser since upgrading to OS 4.5.0.55. I have a 8310 Curve on AT&T and have an unlimited data plan.

When I try to go to a website, I get a message reading:
    Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later.
    I think it might just be a setting that got reset to the wrong default when I upgraded? Any ideas?
    08-10-08 08:36 AM
    options>advanced options>host routing tables> menu button >register now. then test to see if the browser is working
    08-10-08 08:40 AM
    Well, that changed something. Now when trying to go to a web page, the message reads:

A communication failure occurred with the selected Mobile Data Service. The server may be busy, please try again later.
    (By the way, I did get the message saying that I'd successfully registered with the network.)
    08-10-08 08:50 AM
    go to connection manager and make sure mobile network is turned on
    08-10-08 08:54 AM
    Yes, it is and says "AT&T".

Some more info. I discovered that I am able to browse pages on the Blackberry homepage and can access Media Net. just can't get to any "outside" webpages. Sorta makes it sound like a DNS kind of problem.
    08-10-08 09:47 AM
    You should now do the reg now again and maybe one more battery reset,now that the device is seeing the network. If this does not resolve it, you may need to call your carrier
    08-10-08 09:52 AM
    OK, will try that and check back later. Off to play some paintball.
    08-10-08 10:32 AM
    Not sure if that final registration was necessary, but when I checked later that night, the browser was working like a charm. Seems like it just took a little while for the network to make the changes I guess? (I didn't need to do a battery reset.)

Thanks for the help!!
    08-11-08 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD