Here's one for you.... How do you tell what browsers you have? I'm on Sprint v4.3
    01-12-09 07:54 PM
    It only comes with the BB's native one installed, you can also download one called Opera Mini, which some users prefer, (and you cant make it dIefault)

Is that what you mean?
    01-12-09 07:57 PM
    I'm not sure where you are going with this one but the browser
    version is the same as the OS version as it is part of the Core
    Applications of the OS.

If it is Opera Mini you can go to options > advanced options >
    applications > scroll to Opera Mini > the version will be to the right
    01-12-09 07:59 PM
    It only comes with the BB's native one installed, you can also download one called Opera Mini, which some users prefer, (and you cant make it dIefault)

Is that what you mean?
    I just thought that Sprint had one & BB had one of their own.
    01-12-09 08:06 PM
    It's the same browser, just different configs. One will take you to your carrier's site and the other to your homepage. At least that's the way it is with AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 08:18 PM
    It's the same browser, just different configs. One will take you to your carrier's site and the other to your homepage. At least that's the way it is with AT&T.

" One will take you to your carrier's site and the other...." That's what confusses me. Other what?
    01-12-09 08:21 PM
    I have one app called Media Net, which is really Blackberry Browser, but takes me directly to AT&T's mobile homepage.
    I have another app icon called Browser which is the Blackberry Browser that takes me directly to my desired homepage.
    When I go to my options in my browser under Browser Configuration I have two options for 'Browser': Media Net & 'Internet Browser'

01-12-09 08:28 PM
    Ok that helped me clear that up. I thought since the 1st day that I did have 2 browsers. Let me ask you in the browser options what is all that should be checked? And if not all devices need to have the same checks I'll tell you what isn't on mine like "Support Java Script"
    01-12-09 08:33 PM
    if you want to know what features your browser has, navigate to Browser Detection
    seems to work on any browser
    01-12-09 08:35 PM
    Support Javascript & Support Style Sheets is what I have unchecked.
    Some of these are personal preferences, but I know that if I check these two options my browser loads pages very slow.

I rarely use the BlackBerry Browser though. I use Opera Mini almost exclusively. BB Browser is only used when clicking links in emails.
    Depending on your network Opera Mini will load pages faster than the default browser.

Last edited by hbailonjr; 01-12-09 at 08:40 PM.
    01-12-09 08:36 PM
    Mine are all checked

Show Images on WML and HTML pages
    Emulation mode - Blackberry
    01-12-09 08:40 PM
    rachel.... Mine is the same way as your..."Show Images on WML and HTML pages
    Emulation mode - Blackberry"

However these are not checked...Support Java Scripts, Support HTML Tables, Support Embedded Media & Support Style Sheets. What differences would I have with the look, layout etc. over your BB?
    01-12-09 08:48 PM
    Some pages will have issues displaying.. Ive never once had any issues
    01-12-09 08:51 PM
    Thanks again!!
    01-12-09 08:53 PM
    Tank, you should definitley upgrade to 4.5, read up on it...
    01-12-09 08:54 PM
    Rachel...How about java Scripts Pop ups? No?
    01-12-09 08:56 PM
    Rachel...How about java Scripts Pop ups? No?
    Tanker, just put a check in every box.
    01-12-09 08:58 PM
    rachel.... Mine is the same way as your..."Show Images on WML and HTML pages
    Emulation mode - Blackberry"

However these are not checked...Support Java Scripts, Support HTML Tables, Support Embedded Media & Support Style Sheets. What differences would I have with the look, layout etc. over your BB?
    You should not have a problem having those checked with the Curve. However, some people have problems with having java support on with the Bold. Mostly, it renders the pages a bit slower. No biggie. On the Curve, you should be okay. Let us know if that is not the case.
    01-12-09 09:00 PM
    SevereDeceit... As the days go by I'm building up my confidence to "maybe" do that. lol May I ask why you say I should? Am I ready?
    01-12-09 09:01 PM
    I think if you check all the boxes, you'd run into minimal complications with browsing.

If you are willing/wanting to upgrade, we will be around, myself not toooo much longer for an upgrade tonight but def tommorrow...

You should... cuz all the cool kids are..

LOL
    01-12-09 09:02 PM
    SevereDeceit... As the days go by I'm building up my confidence to "maybe" do that. lol May I ask why you say I should? Am I ready?
    You are on the way my friend, a little more time and reading up and you got it...
    01-12-09 09:03 PM
    Yea I'm about to make the jump & do it. I went into 101 & read the instructions. They seem pretty straight forward & simple. Seems to be better to do it sooner than later before I risk losing things since I don't have anything to speak of loaded, so who knows.
    01-12-09 09:11 PM
    IMO - the chance of completely ruining yoour berry during an upgrade, extremely low - Ive bricked mine twice LOL the stupid USB cable got jiggled, my fault LOL - always move your laptop BEFORE the update, not midway thru LOL
    01-12-09 09:13 PM
    IMO - the chance of completely ruining yoour berry during an upgrade, extremely low - Ive bricked mine twice LOL the stupid USB cable got jiggled, my fault LOL - always move your laptop BEFORE the update, not midway thru LOL
    I guess you would be "pinned under" as it says it takes about 1 1/2 hrs to complete the upgrade.
    I know that I can count on you guys to help me out with the upgrade since you have already. Maybe tomorrow.
    01-12-09 09:20 PM
    Rachel... after changing the browser settings I can't get slacker to play. DO i need to uninstall & reinstall it. If I do Maybe I should wait til I do the OS upgrade, right!
    01-12-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD