hello all,
    my blackberry curve 8320 has a broken charging port,
    will i be able to charge my phone with a blackberry docking station?
    05-31-09 08:43 AM
    Ya it will charge in a station. Just won't be able to hook to the computer anymore. No backups or updates.
    05-31-09 08:51 AM
    is it not possible to get updates over the air?
    05-31-09 08:52 AM
    Not that I've ever had work. I know the update option is there but never works for anything. You need to be able to back everything up to do a proper update, Not possible without computer connection.

At least you can charge but hope it doesn't crash on you.

You can get a new charging port to install. cnn.cn is one area and I've seen them on EBay.
    05-31-09 09:11 AM
    The USB port is soldered in, there's where the problem lies...
    05-31-09 09:15 AM
    The USB port is soldered in, there's where the problem lies...
    Ok. So you can get them but you better know what you're doing is what you're saying.
    05-31-09 09:18 AM
    hello all,
    my blackberry curve 8320 has a broken charging port,
    will i be able to charge my phone with a blackberry docking station?

Call you carrier to see what options they have for getting your BB repaired in and out of warranty, or find a local Laptop/Cell phone repair shop near you, one that works on Blackberries would be the best bet. And have them do it for you.

If you bought your phone directly from RIM the link below has the steps to take to get it fixed.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Smartphone Service Options
    05-31-09 10:47 AM
    If your carrier cant help, you can have it repaired here PDA Repair World - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices. Its not exactly cheap but its worth it.
    05-31-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD