After taking apart my 8330 and slapping on a new housing (twice), I noticed that my headphone jack isn't working anymore. Searching the forums shows that this is a somewhat common problem, but I was never able to find a solution. I'm quite willing to tear the phone apart and give this a try, as long as I have some sort of instruction. Anybody know where I can figure out how to fix it?
    07-24-09 11:11 AM
    I havnt seen any fix for it. Not saying that there isn't but I haven't heard of one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 12:13 PM
    I hope they get one soon, mine has a part of the outside ring missing.(probably broke after I got p/o'd at it and try to fling it out the window of a moving car without removing the FM modulator plug after this thing rebooted by it's self while in the middle of a good song on 'Slacker' for the 100th time) In my opinion, the 8330 is my 1st and last BB... they're -JUNK-, let me rephrase - over priced, useless, buggy JUNK.
    09-19-09 07:25 PM
    Nope, I'm sorry there is NO fix for this. That's what happens when your not careful enough pulling the sides down.

Its happend to me twice. . And I still haven't learned how to do it correctly. I use to use my headset to listen to music while running on the treadmill.

NOT ANYMORE!!!!! : (

09-19-09 08:41 PM
    I hope they get one soon, mine has a part of the outside ring missing.(probably broke after I got p/o'd at it and try to fling it out the window of a moving car without removing the FM modulator plug after this thing rebooted by it's self while in the middle of a good song on 'Slacker' for the 100th time) In my opinion, the 8330 is my 1st and last BB... they're -JUNK-, let me rephrase - over priced, useless, buggy JUNK.
    Yeah, let's blame RIM for Slacker's ****ty coding! The last version of the Slacker app had a bug that seemed to cause the phone to crash when it ran out of buffer (usually would happen if you happened to switch cell towers when it was trying to pull the next "chunk" of a song).

Seriously, don't blame the phone maker for a 3rd party app. That's like blaming Microsoft because a game doesn't work right, and crashes all the time.
    09-19-09 09:49 PM
    What genikah said. There is no fix for this. I never use my berry as my mp3 player. The only time I use it as a mp3 player is when I forget my ipod at home (which is once in a blue moon) and am absolutely bored in class.

09-19-09 10:15 PM
    This isn't my only gripe about this p.o.s. (see thread about still buying a curve) BTW, I'm ditching Slacker on my BB...Have a dedicated unit that will hold much more, and has built in wifi to download my cached stations.... it just got delivered and I haven't gotten home to try to see if the reviews are correct or not.
    09-20-09 12:21 PM
    Ok, mine did the same thing, but the thing that really baffles me is, how can there not be a fix, or anyone have figured it out? You're telling me RIM boobie trapped our phones so they magically no longer work when the side plate is removed? Something had to be connected and no longer is. That's the only way for it to no longer work.

Now, the question is what is no longer connected? I am not one to be poking around my blackberry (well, again anyway) being the first time I did, I broke something, but I would love to hear someone's experience of them digging around inside. I would even buy me a new jack and try to replace it, if I knew how to. I can't tell if the little sucker just snaps into place or some type of soldering needs to be done.
    10-26-09 12:01 PM
    Yeah, let's blame RIM for Slacker's ****ty coding! The last version of the Slacker app had a bug that seemed to cause the phone to crash when it ran out of buffer (usually would happen if you happened to switch cell towers when it was trying to pull the next "chunk" of a song).

Seriously, don't blame the phone maker for a 3rd party app. That's like blaming Microsoft because a game doesn't work right, and crashes all the time.
    I had problems with the original slacker app, I have BB's mapping...screwed up, I tried iheartradio app...screwed up... My theory...BB's -at least my BB. are a total waste of cash. The phone side of the unit works great...seldom lose a call from all over the country... but the internet and broadband connection is buggy... or else the app 'quickpull' wouldn't have been necessary! If RIM is such a 'quality' company, why would they put out such a unreliable piece of equipment that newer and newer OS's have to be modified just to get the stupid thing to work...I can hardly wait until they get the bugs worked out of the Droid... I'm counting the days until I toss this BB in the trash!
    Last edited by supersnackbar; 11-01-09 at 08:00 PM.
    11-01-09 07:52 PM
    This is pretty much the only thing keeping me from changing my housing, I like the headphone jack...BTW, I haven't had any probs with my 8320 I like it!

11-01-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD