I let a neighbor borrow my phone and now all of a sudden none of my keyboard keys work! Including the End Call, Start call, Menu key or trackball. I cannot access email, browser or even the phone!!

Tried taking the battery out, no help there. When I push the power ball, I'm defaulted to the phone menu and it starts typing: "Uououo" (no numbers).
    Using the back or delete buttons gives me "hl".

What is going on?? Never seen this before.
    08-20-09 02:21 PM
    check the water damage indicators. if they are still white then i would call AT&T and get a replacement.

you could also try backing up your data and then reinstall the OS to see if that will fix any "glitches"
    08-20-09 02:50 PM
    Sounds like moisture on/in the keyboard. Even if the moisture indicators don't show moisture, the keyboard still could have been exposed to moisture, and if so, that likely would not be covered by warranty.

Note that it doesn't take much moisture.

Sweaty pocket? Steamy bathroom? Wet hair? Wet hands? High humidity environment?
    08-20-09 05:52 PM
    I let a neighbor borrow my phone and now all of a sudden none of my keyboard keys work! Including the End Call, Start call, Menu key or trackball. I cannot access email, browser or even the phone!!

Tried taking the battery out, no help there. When I push the power ball, I'm defaulted to the phone menu and it starts typing: "Uououo" (no numbers).
    Using the back or delete buttons gives me "hl".

What is going on?? Never seen this before.

This JUST happen to my wife's BB over the weekend. I called Verizon and they 2-day shipped me a replacement. She swears she didn't do anything, but I have a hunch it found its way in the toilet or bath.
    08-20-09 08:33 PM
    I had mine do the same thing last December got a replacement that lasted a month then another replacement that lasted for almost 3 months.

My current 8330 is still working just fine since April.
    08-21-09 01:59 AM
    I would kick my neighbors a**!!!!
    08-21-09 02:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD