is there a way i can fix it?? It goes every way but down
    02-27-09 03:33 PM
    The pics here might help with assembly/disassembly

What happened? Is it in pieces?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/

You can get replacements from ebay for 4.84, free shipping. 3-4 days its on your door (ebay seller mobilexny - I have used him on advice from a member here and it was a great transaction)
    02-27-09 03:35 PM
    you need to be more specific. did you do anything to it? you could purchase a new one and install it.
    02-27-09 03:36 PM
    no i didnt do anything to it. it just all the sudden quit working. Its really annoying. Ucan feel it engage when u roll it the other ways but now when u roll it down
    02-27-09 03:38 PM
    Just follow that link to clean it. It might be all it needs unless its actually broken....Here is another link for cleaning

How To: Remove And Clean A BlackBerry Trackball Without Destroying/Dismantling Your BlackBerry | NationLink Wireless
    02-27-09 03:39 PM
    Mine does that from time to time. It usually happens the dirty it gets. I went into my VZW store and the lady exchanged it for free. I have though given her quite a few new costumers so maybe that's why she helped me out.

When it has stuck I would push down and then try to roll the ball to unlodge it from what ever it was sticking to.
    02-27-09 03:43 PM
    thanks guys im gonna try cleaning it today ill see how that goes. my buddy told me about this site and its great so far
    02-27-09 03:47 PM
    thanks guys im gonna try cleaning it today ill see how that goes. my buddy told me about this site and its great so far
    Welcome aboard

It should help if its just dirt.....Best thing is to keep extras on hand for this reason, once you get this sorted out you can do that and be home free...... Best of luck, keep us posted.
    02-27-09 03:56 PM
    im in the process of cleaning it now. It so annoying. like i have to type in everything to get anywhere instead of just scrolling down lol.i hope this fix it. Verizion wanted 50 dollars to fix it i was like your insane
    02-27-09 04:02 PM
    nvm found out one of my sensors is broken im gonna have to get a whole new roller assemble. on of them on the ball doesnt even move
    02-27-09 04:14 PM
    same thing just happened to me today. i ws cleaning the trackball with alcohol and i used a cotton ball... stupidly. now it will not scroll down.

just ordered one from cnn.cn so i hope they are good. i've heard it's a good site for repalcement parts.

i'm also going to take it all apart tonight and see if i can fix it...or totally destroy it! ha
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-27-09 at 04:23 PM.
    02-27-09 04:18 PM
    Ok dj - well at least you know. Try the ebay guy I posted he always has them in stock and you should have it in 3-4 days. You can also try sites like cnn.cn or bbenriched.com. Unless you pay for quick shipping it will be about 2 weeks from cnn, so keep that in mind. Good luck
    02-27-09 04:22 PM
    thanks tremortality u have been a big help
    02-27-09 04:27 PM
    thanks tremortality u have been a big help
    No problem, always glad to help
    02-27-09 04:35 PM
    Cnn.cn isn't bad...it can take them a long time to get it to you if you do the usps delivery option. I've used them twice in the past

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 11:16 AM
    Hey all,
    Created a new page with the How To for the 8900 Curve since it was missing. Bold coming soon!
    How To: Remove And Clean An 8900 Javelin/Curve BlackBerry Trackball and/or Bezel | NationLink Wireless

I'll take apart a storm too in case anyone needs to know how to do that.

Sorry for sleepin'!
    03-24-09 12:25 PM
    n8d - Nice stuff. Make sure you post it in the 8900 forums too.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-24-09 at 01:33 PM.
    03-24-09 12:27 PM
    Don't be afraid to take the trackball out and replace it is a very easy process to do I have done it before and they are really cheap to buy then you always have the option to change the color at the same time
    03-24-09 12:41 PM
    taking the trackball assembly out is easy. it really is no big deal to take it all out and replace.

however, taking apart the trackball assembly is a bit more difficult. the parts are somewhat fragile and small. you need to pay attention and take your time if you are going to take the assembly apart to clean the ball and rollers.
    03-24-09 01:22 PM
    It might just need a good cleaning!
    03-24-09 01:31 PM
    the problems seems to be that oils and dirt get inside the trackball itself. while soaking one removes the outer grime, i don't think it penetrates deep enough. i tried to clean my ball and even if i had not broken my metal tabs, i don't think it would be as good as new.

buying and replacing the whole assembly is much easier and not expensive.
    03-24-09 01:36 PM
    My trackball gets firty every few months, and my trackball stops working. I take it to sprint, and the fix it like new for me. I'm on my phone, so can't see your carrier, but I'm sure they will fix it for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD