My Blackberry 8330 battery, while working, doesn't last as long as when new (it's 2 years old). I bought a new one - a genuine Blackberry battery, not an OEM knock-off.
    It charges up and shows 4 bars, but drops dead if I try to make even one call, or if I use the phone for even a few minutes.

While on the charger, it works fine and shows the little "plug" symbol.

I can put the old battery back in, and it works fine.

When I put the new battery in, I did not put it on the charger and leave it alone for hours and hours or overnight, as recommended. I only charged it for, like, a half-hour before I used it. But since then, I've put it on the charger overnight many times.
    I've done plenty of battery pulls, no difference.

I'm thinking it *could* be a bad brand-new battery, but more likely, I screwed up the battery's status knowledge by not charging it all the way the very first time.

Is there some sure-fire way to get the battery's "remaining status" back in sync with the charge that's really on the battery?
    Is there some "battery reset" application?

Thanks
    07-19-10 01:04 PM
    Let the battery die COMPLETELY, I mean as dead as you can get it. Let it die and then pull it out and put it back in again and again until it won't give you the red LED anymore. Then charge it up ALL THE WAY. Over night would be best. The battery status is derived from the battery itself and not the phone. This is the only way to reset it. Charge it for at least 6 hours. You may have to complete this cycle a couple of time but it should reset it for you. Let us know how it turns out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 07:20 PM
    Umm… the advice to let the battery die does not apply in any way to the newer lithium ion batteries such as used in all BlackBerrys. They love to be charged up and do not have a battery memory like rthe oldwer nickel cadmium batteries.

You have a faulty ("infant mortality") battery.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-19-10 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD