I recently bought my girlfriend a used curve for Sprint. The phone is perfect and works great but the previous owners email keeps coming through. I can't stop it and it is keeping her up at nite, which is making things rough for me.

I have done a complete wipe on the phone including 3rd party apps and it didn't work. In a couple of hours after the wipe there were 80 something new email. Can anyone tell me how to remove this email account from the phone?

Also cannot find Blackberry Messenger anywhere on it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    04-07-09 10:55 AM
    A few things to try:

Have you gone to sprint's bis website? Click the Personal Email Setup icon and see if there are email addresses listed. You should be able to delete these accounts from the page.

The second thing to check is the list of service books on the BB. You should see atleast the [email protected] (CMIME) entry (his email address of course) and be able to delete this. That should stop the emails.

After you do both of these steps go back to sprint's bis site and send the service books again. Once that's done check to see if the service book for his email shows up. Post your results and we can go from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 11:05 AM
    So am I gonna need the login of the previous owner to get onto the website and delete the account? Any idea what their website is?
    04-07-09 02:24 PM
    If your girlfriend is a Sprint customer, she should be able to set up her own BIS account. If she isn't a Sprint customer; you would have to unlock it to set it up on another cell phone service provider. You can find the Sprint Site under How to's and FAQ's link in my sig.

~Jazzi~

04-07-09 02:31 PM
    The Sprint BIS site is BlackBerry Internet Service. If you don't know the login info then try calling the number that this site will give you if you click "Need Assistance".
    04-07-09 02:31 PM
    If your girlfriend is a Sprint customer, she should be able to set up her own BIS account. If she isn't a Sprint customer; you would have to unlock it to set it up on another cell phone service provider. You can find the Sprint Site under How to's and FAQ's link in my sig.

~Jazzi~

Well since the PIN and the ESN are hardware specific and the PIN has already been registered with Sprint it will need to be cleared in order for her to set up her own BIS account. And in order to set up a BIS account you need the PIN and ESN.
    04-07-09 02:33 PM
    So if it is already setup on an account how do we get it cleared off that account. Do I call Sprint or ....?
    04-07-09 02:38 PM
    What if I update the software to 4.5. Will that wipe the email off or will it restore it in the process of updating?
    04-07-09 02:39 PM
    So if it is already setup on an account how do we get it cleared off that account. Do I call Sprint or ....?
    Yes I would call Sprint and tell them the situation and they should be able to go and clear all of the service books and totally reset the BIS account. Your girlfriend is on Sprint service right? If she is, Sprint should have done all of this for you when they activated this phone on her account since they had to go in and clear the ESN.
    04-07-09 02:41 PM
    What if I update the software to 4.5. Will that wipe the email off or will it restore it in the process of updating?
    You can update the OS but the OS has nothing to do with service books. Service books are what is on the BIS server so that the push e-mail works and gives you access to more data options than a normal phone. The OS only has to do with the hardware that is sitting in your hand.
    04-07-09 02:43 PM
    She is on Sprint. I'm guessing they didn't clear it when they added the Blackberry to her account. Unless they didn't ask if it was a Blackberry. That could be the problem. She had a different phone(non-smartphone) before and they may not have added everything they needed to.
    04-07-09 06:23 PM
    The previous owner needs to call Sprint and have the device released from their account.
    04-07-09 06:31 PM
    I have emailed him and he said he no longer has sprint. Chatting with sprint now online.
    04-07-09 06:37 PM
    Just call Sprints technical support. Not the regulars. I had the same problem. They had to solve it. They took care odf it all. I got emails from my phones previous owner also. Goodluck. But these people here are awesome.
    04-07-09 10:57 PM
    Call sprint! Always seems to fix my issues, before I found CB that is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 11:36 PM
    Also make sure to ask for the BlackBerry tech support not the normal tech support because they have no clue what they are talking about. Some of them don't even know what a PIN is.
    04-08-09 03:45 AM
    Thanks for everyones help. I am going to have to get her to call today.
    04-08-09 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD