im new to this site and to blackberrys in general i had a pearl for about a week before the scroll ball broke now i have the tmobile curve and I cant get on aim it says i need to go to Blackberry.com/aim to activate aim on my blackberry but i cant because when i go it says the site only is for microsoft internet explorer since it uses active x or something so i cant and thats the main reason why i bought it. also mine says UMA and its wierd since i dont have the hotspot at home plan why would i be getting a UMA signal instead of edge? and last Is there a better broswer? i heard of pera mini...whats the best once ut that doesnt use to much space on the phone..?
    thanks so much guys.
    05-20-08 10:42 PM
    Welcome to the crackberry family...

Opera is an alternate option, but I wouldn't consider it the best. It's my preferred browser though.

Are you trying to access this site from Opera or the BB browser?

05-20-08 11:33 PM
    For aim, you may want to try it while on EDGE... Turn WiFi off!
    05-20-08 11:33 PM
    That's weird. I was able to get on AIM right away when i got my Curve. I was never prompted to activate anything.

Try going to the website on your PC...connect the blackberry to the computer and re-install it from there.

The reason you are seeing UMA is because there is a wireless network within range of your phone. You can still make the calls, they'll just be deducted from your regular anytime minutes.
    Last edited by anulke; 05-21-08 at 10:04 AM.
    05-21-08 10:02 AM
    is this AIM "aol instant messenger"
    05-21-08 10:21 AM
    1. opera is my internet browser of choice.
    go to this site on your bb browser and the rest should be pretty straightforward, just as if you were downloading something to your computer: http://www.operamini.com/download/wap/blackberry/

2. if your aim continues not to work, try downloading the free trial of jivetalk (another aim application) so you can determine if it is just the application, or your connection in general... http://www.beejive.com/download/
    05-21-08 01:37 PM
    Hey ok thanks so much guys. I am on Tmobile. They tell me I need to add the Blackberry plan to use all the instant messengers. So does anyone who has the blackberry curve from Tmobile know if this is a MUST? do I REALLY NEED to purchase that 19.99 plan? its pretty expensive. Also could it be that I can use the internet with the 5.99 internet plan tmobile has? if so could AIM (aol instant messenger) be used with this? I doubt it. SO my main question is Can AIM be used without purchasing the 19.99 a month plan from tmobile? if so thats horrible.
    05-21-08 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD