So i just bought an 8 gb memory card for my curve and I put it into my BB and turned on Mass storage and all that jazz but then I connected it to my computer and it wanted me to format it so I retardly said yes and xp formatted it to 3.7 gb's so now I can't use almost 5 gb worth of space I paid for. I forgot to format the memory card through the phone 1st before i connected it to my computer is this the most likely culprit? Is their a way to unformat a memory card so I can reformat it through my phone?
    08-13-09 07:27 AM
    Try formatting the card in the phone.

With card in the phone...

Options > Media Card > Menu Button > Format

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that should help.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 07:33 AM
    I tried that after I had already formatted it on my computer and it just wiped all the stuff I had on it and left it at 3.7 gb. I guess I'll just download one of these unformat memory card programs I found on google and try that.
    08-13-09 08:17 AM
    Im not sure if this is tru or not but from what i heard the 83series phone an only run up to no more then 4g memory card. Please let me know if the 8g work fine after you try to reformat. thanks and good luck
    08-13-09 08:30 AM
    I have an 8g memory card in my 8330. I'm using OS 4.5.0.77. I had zero problems when I inserted the memory card into my phone! What OS are you using? Since I haven't posted more than 10 posts, I can't link the thread that helped me figure out what size media card would work in my phone, but if you search for Curve Media Card here in the forums, you'll be able to find it. I'm not sure what the problem is with your media card - but maybe you're not using the correct OS with the correct media card?
    Last edited by phaedraduchess; 08-13-09 at 09:04 AM.
    08-13-09 08:44 AM
    I have an 8320 with an 8gb card in it. I am running 4.5.162 and had no problems formatting. I did however format on my computer first, I read somewhere on here that was key to make sure you don't lose any space.
    08-13-09 09:03 AM
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0*** Up to 2GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1*** Up to 4GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2*** Up to 4GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0*** Up to 8GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0*** Up to 8GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and Up*** Up to 16GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later*** Up to 32G

check your the OS you are using
    08-13-09 09:17 AM
    After formatting you will only get 7.44 gigs. All storage devices lose 7% of their capacity. Some of that space isn't showing because you need to upgrade your OS.
    08-13-09 09:53 AM
    Yea I just last night downgraded OS back to 4.2.2.181 which was my OS when I got the phone because I was having issues with dropped calls but once I get home I will upgrade to .163. Should this fix my memory card issue or will i still need to unformat it then reformat it for 8 gb? I don't really want to unformat it with some random program I find on google if I dont have too because I don't want to nuke my memory card.
    Thanks for all the advice so far!
    08-13-09 10:46 AM
    After formatting you will only get 7.44 gigs. All storage devices lose 7% of their capacity. Some of that space isn't showing because you need to upgrade your OS.
    Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD