Guys just bought a 8310 off ebay (because my samsung got water damaged) to keep me going for 3 mnths to my contract runs out im and its a great way to let me try out my 1st blackberry. The 8310 im getting is sim locked and branded to vodafone and the sim i will be using is on 02 so to start im gonna try get it unlocked to take any sim.I wont be using blackberry mail i will be happy enough to access my email via the wap browser as long as it lets be even though its branded to vodafone? should i update this phone to the latest os as soon as i get it?and how would i do this?also where would i get apps for free and ones that cost? Thanks in advance for any help it would be much apprecieated.
    04-05-10 11:51 AM
    Bad news the 8310 does not have wifi... only the XX20 models do in the curves. I would download and install Blackberry desktop and backup your device and sync it to your contacts and calendar. Then back up every few days so you do not lose data. Os's are avaiable on blackberry.com and some os's are offered here at crackberry. There are some free apps out there but what do you want the phone to do? Since you do not have a data plan you will need to download to a pc then install apps there through bb desktop.
    04-05-10 05:43 PM
    you def need to get a blackberry data plan!easier all the way around! and welcome to the world of crackberry!!!!
    04-06-10 09:53 AM
    Bad news the 8310 does not have wifi... only the XX20 models do in the curves. .

all jokes aside but first i waz gonna say is upgrade to 8320 for wifi.
    but seein its only for couple months till contract expires...mayb on contract renewal can get a more updated BB.

first thing i did waz update the OS b4 i went and customize anythin so incase anythin went wrong i cud factory reset witout havin to worry about backing up etc. so make sure u get all updates available for your device (official rim releases)
    Last edited by Crime; 04-06-10 at 10:37 AM.
    04-06-10 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD