I am not really sure where to put this announcement being new to this forum. Since one of the phones offered by Boost is the 8330 I figured this is a good place.

Welcome to Shrinkage - an easy way to save. Here's how it all works. For every 6 on-time payments, Boost will lower your monthly payment by $5.

While it's best to make regular on-time payments each month, payments do not have to be consecutive. If you miss a payment you don't have to start over. The on-time payments made to the account will still be credited towards your next savings milestone.

New customers simply need to activate on a Monthly Unlimited with Shrinkage plan. Existing customers must visit 'My Account' to sign up & receive savings.

What is Shrinkage?

Our Monthly Unlimited plans now include Shrinkage and will continue to include unlimited nationwide talk, text, web, 411, IM and email. With Shrinkage, Boost will lower your monthly payment by $5 for every 6 on-time payments. Monthly Unlimited with Shrinkage customers can shrink their monthly payments from $50 to as low as $35/month. BlackBerry Monthly Unlimited with Shrinkage customers can lower their monthly payments from $60 to as low as $45/month.

on-time payments

On-time payments are made on or before the monthly payment date. Your monthly payment date remains the same every month as long as you successfully make your monthly payment. However, if you make a late payment, your payment date will be reset to the day of the month before the date your service is restored (e.g., if your service is restored on February 15th, your monthly payment date will be reset to March 14th).

enrollment

New customers simply need to activate on a Monthly Unlimited plan with Shrinkage. Existing customers must visit 'My Account' to sign up & receive savings. Just select either Blackberry Monthly Unlimited with Shrinkage or Monthly Unlimited with Shrinkage plan and you are all set.

notification

Once enrolled in Monthly Unlimited with Shrinkage you will receive text messages and/or emails to notify you when you have reached a savings milestone. Provide an email address to receive monthly updates tracking each on-time payment towards your next savings milestone.

account maintenance

Register with Auto Re-Boost to ensure on-time payments. Your monthly payment amount will be automatically deducted from your credit or debit card on your monthly payment date.

missed payment

While it's best to make regular on-time payments each month, if you miss a payment you don't have to start over. The on-time payments made to the account will still be credited towards your next savings milestone.

SHRINKAGE Phone Plans | Boost Mobile
    10-19-10 09:51 PM
    That's freaking awsome!!! Wish it would have started up when the first bb came out but oh well better late then never eh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 10:42 PM
    If I change my plan from the Blackberry $60 Unlimited plan to the Blackberry $60 Shrinkage plan, am I giving anything up in my unlimited plan? Just wondering since the shrinkage plan took the word "Unlimited" out of the description. I called customer support but I don't speakenzee Hindu so that was a waste of time.
    10-21-10 11:03 PM
    If you change your plan, you will still have unlimited everything.

10-22-10 06:00 AM
    Yup just set mine up, the on time pays do not even have to be consecutive. After 6 it knocks your payment down 5 bucks. After 18 on time pays you will have a 45 dollar bb plan with unlimited everything. Sweet!

10-22-10 09:10 AM
    If I change my plan from the Blackberry $60 Unlimited plan to the Blackberry $60 Shrinkage plan, am I giving anything up in my unlimited plan? Just wondering since the shrinkage plan took the word "Unlimited" out of the description. I called customer support but I don't speakenzee Hindu so that was a waste of time.
    Where are you? I've never gotten any CS outside of the good ole US of A!
    They must be an Equal Opportunity Employer!

Last edited by albee 1; 10-22-10 at 09:16 AM.
    10-22-10 09:13 AM
    I've had very good support and so-so support when I've called but I just enrolled in Shrinkage. I make my payments by auto pay each month so hopefully the 6 months will go by fast. I've been comparing Virgin Mobile's plans with Boost's and they are slightly less expensive because it lets you break your minutes and data out. I never use more than 300 minutes a month which is $35 on Virgin and then you add $10 for the unlimited BB service and there's your $45. Since they both have the 8530 now I figured even with selling my 8330 I wouldn't even save $100 over a years time by switching from Boost to Virgin. More hassle than it's worth.
    10-22-10 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD