Hello,

I just downloaded and installed the 8330 software for boostmobile on my laptop. I just cant figure out how to get it from my pc and installed on my sprint blackberry 8330. could someone please help me out with this??

Thanks
    03-23-10 09:02 PM
    Hahaa~

Apploader.
    Look up.
    Or desktop manager.
    Look it up on desktop manager.

Blackberry.com/desktop.

I made that site up.
    But its somewhere there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 09:40 PM
    LOL, HUH? SORRY BUT i DONT UNDERSTAND. pLEASE CLARIFY.
    03-24-10 01:00 AM
    Follow the instructions in the first post of this thread, it's the same:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-339941/

Additionally, if you are using desktop manager 5.0, do an advanced search for vendor.XML making sure you search hidden and system files also. DM 5.0 sometimes installs a hidden vendor file on your computer. Remove all vendor.XML files that come up in the search.
    03-24-10 02:29 AM
    ok so when I do that I get a message that tell me

"THE BLACKBERRY DESKTOP SOFTWARE DOES NOT HAVE BLACKBERRY DEVICE SOFTWARE FOR THE DEVICE THAT YOU HAVE CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER. CONTACT YOUR WIRELESS SERVICE PROVIDER OR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR"

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
    03-24-10 10:50 PM
    ok so when I do that I get a message that tell me

"THE BLACKBERRY DESKTOP SOFTWARE DOES NOT HAVE BLACKBERRY DEVICE SOFTWARE FOR THE DEVICE THAT YOU HAVE CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER. CONTACT YOUR WIRELESS SERVICE PROVIDER OR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR"

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
    you're standing on the tip of the "hybrid os" iceberg...it won't be long for you, young jedi

what you need to do now is go into your PC's C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader folder & delete the "vendor.xml" file - it tells your PC what network the device should be on.

also, did you UNINSTALL (using Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs) any other BlackBerry Device Software from your PC before installing the Boost OS?

if we go too much further, they're going to move this to the Hybrid OS subforum, but go here if you want the best results from this endeavor:
    Nathanix Hybrid Tutorial
    03-25-10 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD