Hi. I have the 50$ monthly unlimited boost plan and well my phone is $%!@ and I always like the BB. I was wondering if there are any outside couriers that have a BB curve 8330 and switch it to my boost service. If so I would like to know which service would be able to get a cheap phone of craigs lists and switch it over too.

Thank you
    02-25-10 09:47 PM
    Hi. I have the 50$ monthly unlimited boost plan and well my phone is $%!@ and I always like the BB. I was wondering if there are any outside couriers that have a BB curve 8330 and switch it to my boost service. If so I would like to know which service would be able to get a cheap phone of craigs lists and switch it over too.

Thank you
    Unless you buy a boost branded berry you won't be able to activate it on your account. So unfortunately you can't grab a verizon or even sprint 8330 and activate it on your account it has to be specifically branded for boost mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 04:58 AM
    Are you sure?

There is no technical reason for that being the case. Why would Boost turn away customers?
    02-26-10 10:48 AM
    Unless you buy a boost branded berry you won't be able to activate it on your account. So unfortunately you can't grab a verizon or even sprint 8330 and activate it on your account it has to be specifically branded for boost mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's not 100% accurate. If you call Boost to activate a new line of service with a Sprint BB, you will be refused. You can activate a cheap Boost CDMA phone, then swap the ESN later over to a Sprint BB. There are instructions on how this all works over on the Howard Forums under the Boost heading.
    02-26-10 10:52 AM
    That sounds like a long road to take to try and save a couple of bucks. I just bought the Boost Mobile Curve 8330 and for $249.00 w/o a contract it is the way to go. The reason, in case you don't know, the other phones are so cheap is because they are deferring the cost of the phone over the cost of the contract.

I had an iPhone for the past 3 years. I was out of contract, but still was specding over $100.00 plus a month for the AT&T service. By switching to Boost Mobile, I am saving over $50.00 a month with the Boost $60.00 a month unlimited everything! Which by the way is another thing that will change on your current service with Boost. The BB monthly cost is $60.00. If you want to do it, do it right. Thats just my opinion for what its worth!

Good Luck ~~ Gunny
    02-26-10 06:44 PM
    That sounds like a long road to take to try and save a couple of bucks. I just bought the Boost Mobile Curve 8330 and for $249.00 w/o a contract it is the way to go. The reason, in case you don't know, the other phones are so cheap is because they are deferring the cost of the phone over the cost of the contract.

I had an iPhone for the past 3 years. I was out of contract, but still was specding over $100.00 plus a month for the AT&T service. By switching to Boost Mobile, I am saving over $50.00 a month with the Boost $60.00 a month unlimited everything! Which by the way is another thing that will change on your current service with Boost. The BB monthly cost is $60.00. If you want to do it, do it right. Thats just my opinion for what its worth!

Good Luck ~~ Gunny
    I agree, I managed to get a Boost BB Curve for $200 used on Ebay and I have enjoyed it immensely. The cost is worth it in my book.

ATL
    02-27-10 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD