I am brand new to the BB world and signed up with Boost Mobile. I just got my phone yesterday and I am already frustrated...

I have a few questions, but for now I am going to start out with only 2...

1.) How do I change my wallpaper on this phone? I mean I see where and how you can (not totally stupid) but I see a lot of people say that I need to find the pic I want then "Set As Homepage" but I do not have that option on my phone...only "Set As Wallpaper" when I choose that option, it does set it, however, the BB theme still shows up on most of the page only showing a cutoff version of my wallpaper at the very top. I want to completely rid the theme and it show all of my picture I set as my wallpaper...anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it? My operating system shows v5.0.0.438 (Platform 3.5.0.44) HELP!

2.) I can't get my Bluetooth to accept anything on this phone either. It says it's "ON" but show's a yellow circle out to the side of it with a dash in the middle of it. How do I change that to make it active to showing a green circle with a check mark in the middle of it? I tried to send my contacts off of my Verizon LG Env Touch via Bluetooth to my BB Curve 8330 and it wouldn't accept it even though it says my BT is "ON" on my BB.....? Again does/did anyone else have this problem and how can it be resolved?

Thanks for all the help in advance...
    08-14-10 03:42 PM
    To changr the wallpaper go to the picture you want to use on your pictures in the media player, press the Blackberry button and set as wallpaper. Enable the bluetooth radio and then go to set up Bluetooth, follow the prompts and you should have it connected. The default password is usually 0000. Good luck, I got the Curve by Boost Mobile. It works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 06:53 PM
    does the OS on the Boost BB Curve 8300 look like the OS on the Bold and the Tour? I hate that old look that's been around on the BBs forever. I like the black and neon icons.
    08-14-10 09:37 PM
    does the OS on the Boost BB Curve 8300 look like the OS on the Bold and the Tour? I hate that old look that's been around on the BBs forever. I like the black and neon icons.
    Yeah you mean Precision Zen? Yeah, I got it, much smoother, much more sleek. I think I got it from installing the hybrid from bbtweaks.com though, it works and it is possible to get it, I have it on right now actually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 01:00 AM
    I have the curve 8830 on boost and the problem you have with the wallpaper does that on the icon theme when I tried to see what you were talking about. It didn't do it with the others. As far as the bluetooth problem, you have to pair your old phone with your bb first. After you have done that you have to go to the bluetooth menu on your bb and set it to receive bluetooth before it will receive anything from another device. Its a security measure. Hope this helps.
    08-15-10 03:41 PM
    ShanBan, here's another option to get the Precision Zen theme. It works great and it'll allow you to delete all the original themes your 8330 came with to free up memory. I was a BB newb when I did it and it was a great learning experience. It wasn't long before I took on installing a full hybrid.

Precision Zen theme
    08-15-10 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD