Hi Everyone,

Problem: Boost branded 8330 not sending or receiving MMS. When I attempt to send MMS the message appears to attempt to send but ultimately fails and displays a red x next to the message.

What is working: Everything else. Internet is working fine, I can send pics via email.

Steps taken to attempt to fix during 6 calls to Boost customer care: The reps I spoke with had me provision the phone again, pull the battery out while the phone was on. Deleted the Transport and Client MMS service books and provisioned.

Steps I have taken: Checked for service book updates, and registered the host routing table. Countless battery pulls. I searched the forums and couldn't find any other threads addressing MMS problems with Boost branded 8330's specifically. Tried sending smaller pics.

My phone does display 1XEV, and under service books I have MMS Client & MMS Transport (when I look at the MMS Transport, the gateway IP shows all zeros). I've had users on almost all other carriers try to send me MMS. I've checked MMS options and message reception is enabled.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    08-24-10 06:47 PM
    Wow sounds like you've done some homework.sorry I thought your email was dead too. Check Menu/Options/Mobile Network and make sure Data Services are set to on. Did you setup your email through the Email Setup icon? Did you receive a BIS confirmation Email? With the Messages folder open, Menu/Options/General Options set Auto More to yes. Backup 1 page and select Email Settings and make sure, Enable HTML Email is set to yes. If I think of something else I'll post back. All else fails you have 30 days to return it and get another one in the box. I am also using a Boost 8330. I got lucky and everything has worked perfect for 8 months. Sorry for your troubles. Keep us posted on how things turn out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 08-24-10 at 08:19 PM.
    08-24-10 07:56 PM
    As far as the Sms and Mms are concerned check, from the home screen Menu/Options/Phone Options/Smart Dialing and make sure your country code and prefix is correct. Did they tell you it could take 24 hrs for everything to start working? Or has it been longer than that? Good luck

Last edited by albee 1; 08-24-10 at 08:05 PM.
    08-24-10 07:59 PM
    Hey Albee, thanks for the response and the tips. I tried what you suggested and everything seems to be set up correctly. I activated the BB on Friday so it's been a few days. Everything else works really well except MMS, I don't use it that much but it will drive me nuts knowing it's not working. I did transfer over from an Iden handset.
    Thanks again
    08-24-10 10:34 PM
    Yeah I did that too, had an i465. And it's been long enough that it should be working. So sms is working but not mms? Hmm, does it work at all? What I mean is can you send text but not pics? Or does it just not work at all? Do you get an error message. Does it say resend? Try it with a smaller pic, or no pic. I have had a few larger files that I had to resend a few times in peak hours when the net was busy.

Last edited by albee 1; 08-24-10 at 10:54 PM.
    08-24-10 10:50 PM
    I can send SMS fine, and I can email pics with no problem. MMS has never worked at all. The message shows a blue bullseye thing next to it, then it tries to send, the arrows appear in the upper right corner, a few seconds later it shows a red X.

I did get boost to open a ticket for this issue, but I don't have much faith in that. I had some issues on IDEN and tickets were opened and never followed up on.

I'm really impressed by everything else with this BB and the CDMA service.
    08-24-10 10:57 PM
    The iden was a pain. I had some issues with it too. How many bars have you got for signal. Try resending from another location. I have experienced a failure once where I had to wait and try later. Make sure the file your sending isn't too big. I'm not sure of the amount but there is a limit. And pardon my manners, your very welcome for any help I can offer.

08-24-10 11:25 PM
    I tried pics as small as I could get them and same result. This is really baffling! My signal is great and I've tried from various locales in a 20 mile radius of where I activated the phone. It's like they just never set up MMS or something on my account. Thanks!
    08-25-10 12:13 AM
    Take it back and get a brand new one in exchange. Good luck.

08-25-10 08:59 AM
    I think Boost fixed the issue. Today around noon I tried to send myself a pic and it worked fine. Along with the received pic, I also got a message saying that I had been set up on Mediamail. MMS works flawlessly now. Albee1, thanks again for your input!
    08-25-10 04:30 PM
    Your welcome v&a, it's really satisfying to follow a post till it's resolved! I'm glad things worked out. So far I have only had to call CS once and that was for a 5$ credit that I was promised. No other issues and very reliable. Check the "How to Tips" forum out. There is a lot of information in there for hungry bb users. Enjoy your Blackberry dude, see you in the forums.

08-25-10 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD